Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Happy (The documentary)

Posted by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 10:29 PM
  • 8 Replies

Has anyone seen it?  It is pretty interesting. What is funny is that watching it made me feel "happy".  I was smiling a lot as I watched it. I really liked it and seeing all the different people and how they experienced happiness.

by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 10:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
TSNDDY
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 10:30 PM
Never heard of it?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
TheMrs407
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 10:30 PM
I haven't heard of it, but now I am interested. Was it on TV?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Whereismymind
by Bronze Member on Jan. 1, 2013 at 10:32 PM

I watched it the other night and thought I was interesting and it made me smile too. 

TrouserMouse
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 10:34 PM

I watched it on Netflix. There is a complete science on how we experience happiness just like people have studied depression. They talk about how our spectrum of happiness is 50% genetics, 10% our circumstance, and 40% essentially our actions of what we bring into our life.  So, variety really is the spice of life.

What I liked about it is that it showed people from all different backgrounds, people with lives that we would see as difficult or depressing, and they are as happy or happier than most people.

Quoting TheMrs407:

I haven't heard of it, but now I am interested. Was it on TV?

TrouserMouse
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 10:39 PM

One statistic that really stood out to me was about income vs. happiness.  People think more money will bring happiness, but they said our incomes have more than doubled over the past few generations and statistics show that the level of happiness among people has remained stable. They also spoke about that money does buy happiness if it provides you with the basic resources, but not beyond that.  Changing your income from $5000 to $50,000 per year has a big influence on your happiness. The difference in the level of happiness between someone that makes $50,000 and $50 million is minimal.

Anyway, I found it pretty interesting...lol.

Quoting Whereismymind:

I watched it the other night and thought I was interesting and it made me smile too. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 1, 2013 at 10:40 PM

Thank you... I am sooo looking that up!!!!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 1, 2013 at 10:53 PM

Im watching it now...just turned it on.

I think seeing others genuinely smile... makes instinctually smile back.

thank you soooo much... reallllly enjoying this!!!

**smiles at you****

Whereismymind
by Bronze Member on Jan. 1, 2013 at 11:01 PM

I agree. I really liked the guy who pulled the rickshaw all day and spoke about how great his life ,family and home were. A lot of people would be miserable with his life but he had all he needed and was satisfied. 

Quoting TrouserMouse:

One statistic that really stood out to me was about income vs. happiness.  People think more money will bring happiness, but they said our incomes have more than doubled over the past few generations and statistics show that the level of happiness among people has remained stable. They also spoke about that money does buy happiness if it provides you with the basic resources, but not beyond that.  Changing your income from $5000 to $50,000 per year has a big influence on your happiness. The difference in the level of happiness between someone that makes $50,000 and $50 million is minimal.

Anyway, I found it pretty interesting...lol.

Quoting Whereismymind:

CafeMom Tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)