Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Spin off of a previous post. Just curious if anyone knows...Maybe TMI

Posted by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 10:29 PM
  • 2 Replies

I have a special needs son with gastro issues.  As some of you may know from a post I did this morning...

I took him to a gastro, and he saw him twice.  He came down to saying that him having an explosive bowel movement at night that is like diarrhea is based on his rare chromosome disorder he has.  During the day he goes to the bathroom just fine and it is normal BM's.  At night it is a completely different story.  

Could it be his rare chromosome disorder, or could it be his diet?  He constantly changes his food at night and sometimes eats what he eats at night during the day.  

Just looking for some advice.  

Do you think I should get a second opinion, I feel like he just kind of brushed us off, and tried to get rid of us, by not doing any research and blaming it on this chromosome disorder my son has.  

Thanks for any advice.  

by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 10:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 1, 2013 at 10:34 PM
I would say try to get a consistent diet throughout the day. Could he have a gluten sensitivity? What have you cut out? How much fresh fruit and veggies is he eating?

It is amazing to me how little some medical professionals know or care about diet. It's like they have medicine and they have medical devices, and are itching to use them. If neither one works, they're at a loss what else to do.
GatorLady0307
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 10:39 PM

I am trying gluten free, so far we are on day 2 so no real change yet.  He eats gluten free crackers, veggie dogs, applesauce, strawberries, bananas, popcorn, gluten free bread, cookies, homemade chicken nuggets, grapes, steak, pork chops, brisket, fish, shrimp.  He has food allergies to dairy, egg, peanut and treenuts, so I stay away from those of course.  Trying the gluten free.  Before the gluten free, he had toast in the morning with a banana, sandwich for lunch, and whatever we ate for dinner (sloppy joes, tacos, spaghetti, the norm)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)