Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

its now that time of year....

Posted by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 11:00 PM
  • 12 Replies

tax time!

just wondering...

do you file your own or have a professional file for you?

if you do your own do you use an online program?

if you use a tax professional why not do it yourself?

which programs are the best and why?

by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 11:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Abby.N.Amys.Mom
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 11:02 PM

We use Turbo Tax but don't file until the end of February/early March because it takes that long for us to get all of our paperwork necessary to file.  We have to get bank statements on our savings to claim, mortgage paperwork, etc.  We have a new baby this year so I'm anxious to see what we can get back.

wkukid
by Beach Bum on Jan. 1, 2013 at 11:02 PM

We have a guy that does it. My SO has a full time job and co-owns a construction company on the side. The paperwork gets messy.

Salsacookies
by Gold Member on Jan. 1, 2013 at 11:05 PM
I do ours with turbo tax. We use form 1040, so its pretty easy.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
PEACHES1721
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 11:10 PM

Quoting wkukid:

We have a guy that does it. My SO has a full time job and co-owns a construction company on the side. The paperwork gets messy.

if you dont mind me asking. how much does it cost to have your taxes done since you have multiple forms and records?

jessistarr85
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 11:13 PM

I am waiting on paper work before I even start thinking about filing. 

KairisMama
by Sapphire Member on Jan. 1, 2013 at 11:14 PM

I use Turbo Tax.

Hellobabies
by Gold Member on Jan. 1, 2013 at 11:14 PM

We have an accountant. My husband works in another country, doesn't have taxes (federal or state) taken out of his checks, and we are not familiar with country taxes or the credits that come along with paying them so for us, it is way easier to just drop everything off to him and let him figure it out.

wkukid
by Beach Bum on Jan. 1, 2013 at 11:15 PM

I honestly would have to ask my SO. I dont handle it so I don't really know. He's a friend of the family and I think he charges us less so I'm not sure it would be totally accurate.

Quoting PEACHES1721:

Quoting wkukid:

if you dont mind me asking. how much does it cost to have your taxes done since you have multiple forms and records?

mss119
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 10:48 PM

I do my own online, I use taxact.com, the federal is free to file and if you use them to file your state return, it's like $15.  It walks you through all the deductions and credits, and if you qualify or not.  Last year I compared by preparingmy own state return, on my own I had a refund of $100, with the program it was $350.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 4, 2013 at 10:49 PM
My dad is a cpa he does ours
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)