Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Has it ever occured to you that your therapist might be....

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 42 Replies

Just freaking crazy??

I have a friend. He's great, he's a really nice guy. He's a therapist. OMG he is just off his rocker. He takes three or four antipsychotic medications every day. He drives me insane with his obessive ramblings. He obesses over women and any other little issue that comes up. He's OCD to the extreme. When I listen to him go on and on and on about something I just can't help but think "And YOU get paid to help people!??"  It's pretty mad... and it really makes you wonder..

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 1, 2013 at 11:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
wkukid
by Beach Bum on Jan. 1, 2013 at 11:03 PM

My therapist thinks my mother is mean because she has a demon in her. He is crazy.

ERMAGERRD
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 11:03 PM
Lol
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
crescentstar2
by expecto patronum on Jan. 1, 2013 at 11:03 PM
3 moms liked this

My therapist is my vibrator...dh is gone a lot :-(

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 1, 2013 at 11:05 PM
I quit going once I ran into my therapist at a few social events. Turns out she's a bigger nutjob than me :/
FL2AK
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 11:05 PM

I work in the field and I cringe at some of the people that work as therapists and counselors.  I really believe that graduate programs need to screen people better and not let people who are not stable come into the field.  

stacefaceninja
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 11:05 PM
1 mom liked this
I trust therapists about as much as I trust the crazy guy at the gas station holding the sign that says "Jesus loves you".......shrinks just tell you what you want to hear. I quit going to them...stopped taking any of their manmade happy drugs and started smoking pot......guess who feels 100 times better? Lol
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 1, 2013 at 11:07 PM

Quoting FL2AK:

I work in the field and I cringe at some of the people that work as therapists and counselors.  I really believe that graduate programs need to screen people better and not let people who are not stable come into the field.  

I competely agree. If you have to take more medications than the people you are supposed to be helping, then you probably should have a different job.

BDolphins82
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 11:10 PM
I am going into that field and will more then likely be taking more meds then my patient. Mines for a chronic illness though. Does that count?

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting FL2AK:

I competely agree. If you have to take more medications than the people you are supposed to be helping, then you probably should have a different job.

Teacher101
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 11:10 PM

I am a teacher and I can assure you that the image most people have of us is wrong. I can only assume it is the same way with therapists.

purpleducky
by Ruby Member on Jan. 1, 2013 at 11:13 PM
2 moms liked this
Well this will probably start bashing but oh well. If they have it under control then it should not be an issue. I help people in my support group even though I have issues. I am trying to get a job in human services.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)