Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Gallbladder

Posted by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 11:25 PM
  • 49 Replies
Has anyone had theirs removed? Has anything changed? How was recovery? Any warnings for someone who has to have it removed? Thanks in advance.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 11:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
waffa
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 11:29 PM

sorry hun, still have mine, but have an idea why they want to take yours;I had stones that were so bad I thought I was dying.

I modified my diet and cut fat out; have you tried that to keep the stones at bay and avoid surgery?

Quoting Dippydoomomof2:

Has anyone had theirs removed? Has anything changed? How was recovery? Any warnings for someone who has to have it removed? Thanks in advance.

emeraldangel2.0
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 11:31 PM

i did

i'll pm you

Dippydoomomof2
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 11:31 PM
I just left the ER maybe an hour ago. I have to see my doctor tomorrow and we are going to discuss options. Just seems like they are leaning toward operating.

Quoting waffa:

sorry hun, still have mine, but have an idea why they want to take yours;I had stones that were so bad I thought I was dying.

I modified my diet and cut fat out; have you tried that to keep the stones at bay and avoid surgery?

Quoting Dippydoomomof2:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Dippydoomomof2
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 11:32 PM
Thank you.

Quoting emeraldangel2.0:

i did

i'll pm you

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lnrmom
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 11:32 PM
I had mine removed last year. No real changes for me. Couple days of do nothing, otherwise no big.
Hellobabies
by Gold Member on Jan. 1, 2013 at 11:32 PM

Had mine removed back in march. I had to change some of things I would eat, but nothing big. The surgery was nothing, the recovery wasn't too bad, but the after effects are horrible. For the sake of not getting to graphic, the only advice I can offer is to make sure you are near a bathroom after you eat anything for awhile. I still have issues after meals 10 months after the fact. Good luck.

crescentstar2
by expecto patronum on Jan. 1, 2013 at 11:33 PM

My sil had hers out and she says it was one if the worst things she's ever done. I guess she has constant diarrhea 

Dippydoomomof2
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 11:33 PM
Thanks for the warning. :(

Quoting Hellobabies:

Had mine removed back in march. I had to change some of things I would eat, but nothing big. The surgery was nothing, the recovery wasn't too bad, but the after effects are horrible. For the sake of not getting to graphic, the only advice I can offer is to make sure you are near a bathroom after you eat anything for awhile. I still have issues after meals 10 months after the fact. Good luck.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
babyvader07
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 11:34 PM

i've had mine and it feels weird  just eat light i ate a hamburger and puked the first nighti ate... greasy food sends you right to the bathroom... i feel better though i had too i had sledge in chest  i've got 5 holes

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 1, 2013 at 11:35 PM
I had mine removed December 31st, 2010, 3 weeks after I had my ds. So I was still healing from child birth. Plus I had to do Lovenox injections for blood thinner.

Eta: sorry I hit reply to early. I pretty much have the same issues with the diarrhea and have to watch what I eat. Do you have stones or is it just not functioning right? I had a horrible attack and had an u/s that showed some stones and had the surgery 2 days later laparoscopically and my surgeon got over 100 stones out. Good luck!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)