Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Just started my 6th case of strep since daughter was born, 3 1/2 months ago!!!!

Posted by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 11:33 PM
  • 27 Replies

That's almost every other week!!! On top of that I have been dizzy everyday since, and it's getting worse...my head feels heavy and I've blacked out, while standing twice in the past few days. I also have had on an off fever, which is back on the rise tonight. I had my blood drawn and they said my thyroid level was SLIGHTLY elevated, but that's all they could find... What the hell is wrong with me???

by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 11:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MrsKoolaidPunk
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 11:42 PM

BUMP!

CABZS
by Sapphire Member on Jan. 1, 2013 at 11:47 PM

High blood pressure.

Hormones out of whack still.

To many antibiotics, you need to start treating from within!  Natural foods, juice, vitamins, green tea, chammomile tea, etc.

We have a juicer, love it!  Spinach, orange, pineapple, stawberries....what a great immune booster!

I get they've done blood work but have they checked your heart, ekg & echo?  Have you done an actual fasting glucose test?

brebugmom91
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 11:49 PM
Oh wow!! I'm sorry. I'm prone to strep so I feel your pain.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 1, 2013 at 11:49 PM
How did you give birth? C-section, vaginal? Any cutting or tearing?
MrsKoolaidPunk
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 11:50 PM

Do you think it could be just hormones? I talked to the dr at the urgent care clinic up the street and she seemed pretty concerned...but have not taken any further tests. Drinking green tea and eating fairly well each day though.

Quoting CABZS:

High blood pressure.

To many antibiotics, you need to start treating from within!  Natural foods, juice, vitamins, green tea, chammomile tea, etc.

We have a juicer, love it!  Spinach, orange, pineapple, stawberries....what a great immune booster!

I get they've done blood work but have they checked your heart, ekg & echo?  Have you done an actual fasting glucose test?

MrsKoolaidPunk
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 11:52 PM

I delivered vaginally, but did have an episiotomy. I got DEATHLY ill afterwards and almost died in the hospital...I had the shakes and no function from the waste down..their was bacteria and placenta left inside me, due to a "mistake" from the ob, so I had labor pains ALL over again. :(
And I have been ill constantly since the birth. 

Quoting Anonymous:

CABZS
by Sapphire Member on Jan. 1, 2013 at 11:55 PM

It could be but they need to check them.

What are they doing about your thyroid bc that can cause dizziness & black outs as well.

Green tea, I suggest you switch to decaf; just make sure the caffiene is taken out properly so it leaves most of the good stuff in it.  Caffeine can have a huge effect on people.

No offense but most who think they eat fairly well can still eat better, I was one of those people.  You need immune boosting foods to help w/the strep.  Antibiotics actually lower your immune system!

Garlic, ginger, tumeric great health benefits & helps w/inflammation as well.

Allergies can cause problems as well.

Gargle w/warm salt water, change your toothbrush you could be constantly giving yourself strep if you haven't gotten rid of that toothbrush; everytime you get strep!

Quoting MrsKoolaidPunk:

Do you think it could be just hormones? I talked to the dr at the urgent care clinic up the street and she seemed pretty concerned...but have not taken any further tests. Drinking green tea and eating fairly well each day though.

Quoting CABZS:

High blood pressure.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 1, 2013 at 11:57 PM
And where are your strep infections located?

Quoting MrsKoolaidPunk:

I delivered vaginally, but did have an episiotomy. I got DEATHLY ill afterwards and almost died in the hospital...I had the shakes and no function from the waste down..their was bacteria and placenta left inside me, due to a "mistake" from the ob, so I had labor pains ALL over again. :(

Quoting Anonymous:

MrsKoolaidPunk
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 11:59 PM

Very good tips! Changing the toothbrush, going to start on fruit juices, smoothies and look into different foods with health benefits. I am desperate!! :(

Quoting CABZS:

It could be but they need to check them.

What are they doing about your thyroid bc that can cause dizziness & black outs as well.

Green tea, I suggest you switch to decaf; just make sure the caffiene is taken out properly so it leaves most of the good stuff in it.  Caffeine can have a huge effect on people.

No offense but most who think they eat fairly well can still eat better, I was one of those people.  You need immune boosting foods to help w/the strep.  Antibiotics actually lower your immune system!

Garlic, ginger, tumeric great health benefits & helps w/inflammation as well.

Allergies can cause problems as well.

Gargle w/warm salt water, change your toothbrush you could be constantly giving yourself strep if you haven't gotten rid of that toothbrush; everytime you get strep!

Quoting MrsKoolaidPunk:

Quoting CABZS:

High blood pressure.

MrsKoolaidPunk
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 12:00 AM

my throat. :(

Quoting Anonymous:

And where are your strep infections located?

Quoting MrsKoolaidPunk:

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)