Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Do you know anyone who divorced for the sole reason of "being out of love" with their Spouse?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

?

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 2, 2013 at 1:44 AM
Replies (191-200):
lalasha
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 2:01 AM
1 mom liked this
Staying in love us a choice. You fall out of love due to laziness.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Uzma_mom_of_2
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 2:22 AM

Gotta disagree. The emotional "puppy love" stage people experience is temporary.

But you can have true lasting love. I love my husband, and we've been together for 12 years (from dating to present).

Love is also a choice. It's not just some uncontrollable feeling that happens.

I'm enjoying my fairytale.

Quoting Ninjascreenname:

No because most people realize that love isn't all it takes to keep a marriage going.

Love is a fairytale concept!

I very rarely bother to check a board twice, so debate, get mad, or whatever it is that'll make you feel better, if you don't like what I have to say, because it won't bother me :)sticking out tongue

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 3, 2013 at 2:24 AM
I never had lust, or love. I married for a live in babysitter really.

Quoting Uzma_mom_of_2:

Gotta disagree. The emotional "puppy love" stage people experience is temporary.

But you can have true lasting love. I love my husband, and we've been together for 12 years (from dating to present).

Quoting Ninjascreenname:

No because most people realize that love isn't all it takes to keep a marriage going.

Uzma_mom_of_2
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 2:28 AM

That's your choice. I couldn't be in a truly loveless marriage. Nor could I have been intimate with someone I didn't love.

Guess it's not a defining factor for divorce for you then.

Quoting Anonymous:

I never had lust, or love. I married for a live in babysitter really.

Quoting Uzma_mom_of_2:

Quoting Ninjascreenname:

I very rarely bother to check a board twice, so debate, get mad, or whatever it is that'll make you feel better, if you don't like what I have to say, because it won't bother me :)sticking out tongue

Fyrestar68
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 2:30 AM
1 mom liked this
I agree with both of you. Love is not all there is to a marriage, but even with love, you still have to put forth effort to make a relationship work, whether married or dating.

Quoting KlingyMomma:

I used to think that also. Until I met my husband. 4 years together, and 2 of them married and I still love him as much as the first day I met him. If not more. It was love at first sight. I believe now!!

Quoting Ninjascreenname:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Bleacher-mom
by Gold Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 3:20 AM

Yes. I do know of a few that for the most part was for that reason. Do I agree, no.

I think that relationships go through seasons, sometimes its great, sometimes its not so great and sometimes its like your stuck in a rut. But getting a divorce, especially if there are children involved should not be the answer at all.

If it is you who is thinking of a divorce, really sit down and find the root of why your want to. Is it because there is another man in your life, maybe a coworker that gives you butterflies when you see him and you don't get those funny feelings for your hubby anymore? That happens, but once you get it in your head that no matter how good looking or sweet another guys is you will not entertain the idea of being with someone else because you are married, that other person doesn't look as good anymore.  is it because you guys are so busy with your own day to day life that there is not much time for your love life? Then take a vaction, spend some time with just the two of you.

I think that divorce should be set aside only for those who cheat, abuse or something to that nature.

Mrs.Winchester
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 3:24 AM

Yes.  My aunt got a divorce from her husband of 20+ years for that reason.  She said she wanted to wait for her kid's to grow.  They were very upset and two of them still aren't speaking to her.

polkaspots
by Ruby Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 4:03 AM
No, the only divorced couple I know divorced because one of them was a user who got all they needed. I do believe that I would divorce my husband if we were no longer in love.
fatima507
by New Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 6:39 AM

no

Anonymous
by Anonymous 40 on Jan. 3, 2013 at 6:43 AM
My sil did. Broke off a 10 yr marriage. She decided she wanted to party rather than stay home. Now her party boyfriend doesn't want to stay home and she wants a stay at home guy again.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN