Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

U/S in early pregnancy a standard procedure? *edit*

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 27 Replies

So I see a lot of early ultrasound pics around CM or women talking about them. I'm just wondering how routine is it, in your area, for doctors to preform one on your first visit? 

Typically around here, they only do one around 20 weeks. And even this one isn't a given. They will do one earlier if you aren't sure how far along you are.

*What state do you live in? 

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 2, 2013 at 4:20 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 2, 2013 at 4:22 AM

I have an US at 8 weeks to confirm. 12 weeks, 16 weeks, 20 weeks, and I can't remember the rest. I have 3 kids and with each pregnancy I had at least 5 US and I'm not high risk. I guess I have good health care?.

EDIT: Texas.

angelmj
by Silver Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 4:24 AM
I had my first one at 6 weeks they did a doppler then the next month they did one. My doctor does one ever visit.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
jb0520
by Platinum Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 4:24 AM
I've always had them at my first prenatal checks
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
pregomom468
by Silver Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 4:25 AM

i always got one every visit with both my kids

carolyntx
by Gold Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 4:25 AM
Usually only if mom isn't sure about lmp
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
vboatner
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 4:25 AM

With my first I had 2. One at 20 weeks and then one at 36 to see size of baby, make sure there was enough fluid, etc. With DS2 I was HR and on BR at 19 weeks from bleeding, so I had a few more taken. I ended up having 5 with him.

krissy920
by Gold Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 4:28 AM

My husband is in the military with my son we just had one ultrasound at 20 weeks, i had another at 30 some odd because he hadnt turned, with my daughter i had  one done at 6 weeks because i hadnt had a period in months, they needed to see how far i was, then another at 24 weeeks. We dont get a lot of  us .

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 2, 2013 at 4:29 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

I have an US at 8 weeks to confirm. 12 weeks, 16 weeks, 20 weeks, and I can't remember the rest. I have 3 kids and with each pregnancy I had at least 5 US and I'm not high risk. I guess I have good health care?.

If you don't mind me asking, what kind of health care do you have? Ours pays 80% of U/S, we have to pay the rest. 

ncohetero
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 4:30 AM
This is what I got too

Quoting Anonymous:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 2, 2013 at 4:32 AM

Quoting krissy920:

My husband is in the military with my son we just had one ultrasound at 20 weeks, i had another at 30 some odd because he hadnt turned, with my daughter i had  one done at 6 weeks because i hadnt had a period in months, they needed to see how far i was, then another at 24 weeeks. We dont get a lot of  us .

Yea, dh was in the military when I was pregnant with dd and I was only going to get 1. They ended up doing 2, but acted like I was pulling their teeth out of their head!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)