Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

13 year old dd snuck out tonight update

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 360 Replies
4 moms liked this
I KNOW I'm gonna get bashed to hell for this but I need some serious advice.

Let me start by saying, dd is NORMALLY very well behaved. She's not rude or disrespectful, can have a bit of an attitude at times but she's 13, a slight attitude at times is to be expected, no?

Very early this morning Dh wakes up to use the restroom and go check on the kids and make sure they are all covered up since its freezing tonight and when he peeks in dd room she's not there. He checked both bathrooms and she's not in either. He wakes me up and says P is not in the house. I jump out of bed and run all over the house and she's nowhere. All of a sudden Dh phone goes off, its some kid, we will call him T. He says sorry P I can't meet you all at the school my mom is still awake. So Dh CALLS T and finds out that dd and a few other friends were gonna meet at our neighborhood park and then one of there cousins who is FUCKING 17 is gonna take them driving around. **dd was using Dh phone because hers took a crap and won't turn on** well she had erased the texts and numbers from Dh phone so if this kid hadn't text we would have had no idea what was going on. Dh was able to get one of the other kids phone numbers from T that did meet up at the park and Dh called it and found out THEY WERE 15 FUCKING miles away!!!!!! Dh told them to stay right there and then called the cops and Dh and the cops went to where they were. Dh said all the kids (6 total) were detained and parents were being called, the 17 year old was put in cuffs and in the back of a cop car. Dd was released to Dh but we have to take her to the station at 11 to speak with an officer.

What in the FUCK was she thinking? Oh that's right SHE WASN'T! all and I mean ALL trust is gone.

I have no idea what to do with this. I never snuck out as a teen, she has never had any huge disciplinary problems, the most is she was grounded for not picking up her room. We have rules and consequences for not following the rules. We are told Alllll the time what good parents we are because we have structure and discipline and are our kids parents not friends.

I need advice, how do I punish this? What do I do to make her understand what a big deal this is? I'm at a complete loss.

Ok now go ahead and tell me what a compleat failure as a mother I am, can't make me feel worse than Ialready do.

UPDATE

Hey everyone. Just wanted to update. We went to the police station and the officer that Dh talked to took Dh, me and dd to a room to talk. He asked her questions about the 17 year old she and the others were with, apparently the reason he was arrested was for a warrent he had for his arrest for marijuana possestion. The officer also wanted to put the fear of God in to her, he has a teen dd as well and knew what we must be going through. He told her what very easily could have happened to her and her friends.

Dd is grounded, all privileges have been taken till further notice. Dh and I talked with her at length about how wrong she was and how she has lost our trust and how disappointed we are in her.

I think she gets it, she cried to us, and apologised to us both and SWORE it was the only time, although I'm not sure how much of that I believe at this point. Dh got the alarms on his way to work and will.install.them when he gets home tonight.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 2, 2013 at 7:44 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 2, 2013 at 7:46 AM
8 moms liked this

Yikes. I don't know. I'm actually frightened for when my kids become teens.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 2, 2013 at 7:47 AM
1 mom liked this
Thank God she's ok, Maybe have her scared straight somehow to see what could happen to her from all te crazies out there.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 2, 2013 at 7:47 AM
I am completely blown away by this. Never in a million years did I think she would ever do something so stupid.

Quoting Anonymous:

krystyneh
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 7:48 AM
15 moms liked this
First off I don't think you are a bad parent. I would ground her. Take away computer, phone, tv and anything else electronic. I would ground her for a month. I would tell her she's only allowed to go to school then back home and that's it. I never snuck out as a teenager either but I know ones that have and their parents did far worse then what I've suggested u to do.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Louisianamom88
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 7:48 AM
You are not a failure!!! I don't have teens so I really don't know what an appropriate punishment should be. Maybe lose phone privileges and hanging out with friends for a month? That'll kill her soul.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 2, 2013 at 7:49 AM

put her on the "Maury" show  in a show about bad teens...they'll take her to jail, and she's see where's she's headed if she keeps it up. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 2, 2013 at 7:49 AM

I really have no advice. I hope someone can help and without the bashing. I did exactly what your teen did, but I never got caught. I did a lot of crazy shit. That is why I dread the teen years with my own.

Quoting Anonymous:

I am completely blown away by this. Never in a million years did I think she would ever do something so stupid.

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 2, 2013 at 7:49 AM
How would I do that? Maybe have the officer we talk to rip into her? I am so happy she's safe. I told her when she got home how lucky she was something awful didn't happen to her. God! Anything could have happened.

Quoting Anonymous:

Thank God she's ok, Maybe have her scared straight somehow to see what could happen to her from all te crazies out there.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jan. 2, 2013 at 7:49 AM
2 moms liked this
Lord I have no idea how I would punish my kid. I guess I would ground them and take everything away. I'd also get alarms for the windows and doors so of she tries to sneak out again they will go off. I'd be livid.
spunky946
by Ruby Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 7:49 AM

Here's a bump. My kids are little, so I don't know what I'd do.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)