Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions
Curious Im watching the Today show and they said men contributed more to house hold chores. So ladies does your man help? If so how much? My DH helps do everything dishes, vacuum, trash, pick toys up, clean counters off, re-arrange things, etc. Name it he does it! Oh he does the toilet & not me lol. Only chore I wont let him do is laundry. Because he likes to shrink things and don't always put everything away in the right place where I like it lol and sometimes I find Cinderella underwear in my drawer lmao. So tell me about your man!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 9:08 AM
Replies (21-30):
Mamasgirl524
by Platinum Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 9:27 AM
I want a cookie damnit!

Quoting Anonymous:

Well that's quite rude of you. You can make a post bragging about your helpful husband, and no one else can comment bragging about what their husband does best?

Perhaps you want a cookie for this post?

I

Quoting hailey51207:

Want a cookie?

Quoting Not_A_Native:

He works long erratic hours and makes gobs of money.  If I need help with something, I pay for it.

Of course, I only have one child at home full time, and she's 18 and a high school senior!  But even when the kids were young (I have 4), I did the vast majority - he was always working.

NoahandEliza
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 9:28 AM
He'll vacuum, sweep, do dishes, make beds...but really, I end up doing it over because I'm a control freak about the way the house looks (except dishes, he can do those all day long!) All I really want him to do is clean up after himself and hang out with the kids.
hailey51207
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 9:28 AM
What is rude was you. I asked about chores not how much gobs of damn money we have and that we pay someone else to clean our house. Perhaps you should have saved it for own damn post called"Gobs of money"

Quoting Anonymous:

Well that's quite rude of you. You can make a post bragging about your helpful husband, and no one else can comment bragging about what their husband does best?

I

Quoting hailey51207:

Want a cookie?

Quoting Not_A_Native:

He works long erratic hours and makes gobs of money.  If I need help with something, I pay for it.

Of course, I only have one child at home full time, and she's 18 and a high school senior!  But even when the kids were young (I have 4), I did the vast majority - he was always working.

moniagee
by Platinum Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 9:29 AM
Since I DESPISE cooking and terrified of worms, he does a lot of the cooking and gardening. I do everything else.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mrsbrand
by Platinum Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 9:29 AM
I do the majority of the housework, but the kitchen is his domain. He loves to cook and dishes fuck my hands and wrists up something fierce, so he takes care of that. He wipes up the counters and stove as he goes when he's cooking.
brettsmomma
by ~Tammie~ on Jan. 2, 2013 at 9:29 AM
1 mom liked this

My husband doesnt need chores. His only obligation is to pay for our life.

That said he often comes home and helps around the house if Im sick and need it.

Photo: -Randi.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 2, 2013 at 9:30 AM
Im not the person who wrote that. I'm just not a bitter bitch mad or jealous at other people for their successes in life. That's all
Quoting hailey51207:

What is rude was you. I asked about chores not how much gobs of damn money we have and that we pay someone else to clean our house. Perhaps you should have saved it for own damn post called"Gobs of money"

Quoting Anonymous:

I

Quoting hailey51207:

Want a cookie?

Quoting Not_A_Native:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Two_Hearts
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 9:30 AM

well , it is his job to take care of the cat litter ( i can not do it , i am allergic).

the recycling

and we switch for dinner dishes and cooking , the one who doesn't cook...cleans the dishes.

He gets up and tidy's up a room when he see's it needs it.

brettsmomma
by ~Tammie~ on Jan. 2, 2013 at 9:32 AM
1 mom liked this

you are coming off as bitter. Providing money to the household is an important part of living. My husbands also brings home gobs of money and works a crazy amount of hours. They don't do as many chores around the house as they are out making a living for us. That is something to be proud about just as much as if he was in the kitchen making me a sandwich.

Quoting hailey51207:

Quoting Anonymous:

I

Quoting hailey51207:

Want a cookie?

Quoting Not_A_Native:

Photo: -Randi.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 2, 2013 at 9:33 AM

My husband does the car stuff, yard, lightbulbs etc.... the more "manly" items. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)