Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions
Curious Im watching the Today show and they said men contributed more to house hold chores. So ladies does your man help? If so how much? My DH helps do everything dishes, vacuum, trash, pick toys up, clean counters off, re-arrange things, etc. Name it he does it! Oh he does the toilet & not me lol. Only chore I wont let him do is laundry. Because he likes to shrink things and don't always put everything away in the right place where I like it lol and sometimes I find Cinderella underwear in my drawer lmao. So tell me about your man!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 9:08 AM
Replies (31-40):
mmeredith
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 9:33 AM

While he was off work for Christmas break (2 weeks!!) I worked all but 2 days so dh washed dishes, took out trash, dusted, all the normal cleaning I always do. Plus some nights he cooked supper (if I didn't put something in crock pot) & he even cleaned out the living room closet!!! Normally though he will help with dishes, vacuum, & take out trash. I just normally have all of it done when he gets home.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jan. 2, 2013 at 9:35 AM
Mine just sits on his playstaion or sleep all day I swear I got the lazy one out of the litter. When I was with my dd father he did everything
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Jan. 2, 2013 at 9:35 AM
Right now he does the chores because I'm sick. Normally I do everything but take out the trash.
jbirdsladie27
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 9:35 AM
I mean he's literally doing EVERYTHING right now, I do what I can but it's not always so much.....

Quoting hailey51207:

My DH works full time to..I am lucky too

Quoting jbirdsladie27:

Right now he's our do everything and he works full time.

I'm so lucky he's mine.
hailey51207
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 9:36 AM
Mad or jealous lol my DH is successful and of I wanted to pay someone to clean my house I can but don't and wont. Im successful as well.

Quoting Anonymous:

Im not the person who wrote that. I'm just not a bitter bitch mad or jealous at other people for their successes in life. That's all
Quoting hailey51207:

What is rude was you. I asked about chores not how much gobs of damn money we have and that we pay someone else to clean our house. Perhaps you should have saved it for own damn post called"Gobs of money"

Quoting Anonymous:

Well that's quite rude of you. You can make a post bragging about your helpful husband, and no one else can comment bragging about what their husband does best?

Perhaps you want a cookie for this post?

I

Quoting hailey51207:

Want a cookie?

Quoting Not_A_Native:

He works long erratic hours and makes gobs of money.  If I need help with something, I pay for it.

Of course, I only have one child at home full time, and she's 18 and a high school senior!  But even when the kids were young (I have 4), I did the vast majority - he was always working.

Tara922c
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 9:38 AM

He will clean if I ask him to. He has the horrible habit of throwing crap in the trash can without making sure it makes it into the trash bag. It drives me freaking insane! He will also keep putting stuff in the trash even though it is full, so I have to get a trash bag, transfer trash, take the trash out, clean the damn trash can, and put in a new trash bag. The only things I ask Dh to do is trash can thing and rinse his dishes and put them in the dishwasher. Other than that, I don't mind doing the majority of the cleaning.

He did clean the bathroom yesterday, but he left the mop with the mop water in the bathroom sink (gross). He will also sweep the kitchen on occasion, but the always leaves the pile of crap in the middle of the kitchen rather than sweeping it into the dustpan, and putting it in the trash! Dh does a lot for our family, just a few things he does annoys the crap out of me.

brittany208
1 mom liked this

he does whatever i ask him to. but i feel guilty if he does too much so I do most of it. All that matters to me is that he is more than willing to help when I need it, and he is.

jbirdsladie27
He literally does everything right now. I do what I can. I miss Sundays off LOL... I'm so bored right now it drives me nuts.

Quoting chane_L:

mine too! On Sunday mornings he cooks brunch and gives me mommy time off until 6pm. I get to do whatever i want (read, shop, or whatever without kid interruption) 

Quoting jbirdsladie27:

Right now he's our do everything and he works full time.

I'm so lucky he's mine.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Jan. 2, 2013 at 9:39 AM
Mine helps a lot. We are about 50/50 when it comes to household stuff.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 2, 2013 at 9:39 AM
Lol yea right. You're successful yet get so bothered when someone says their DH makes "gobs of money" then say how rude it was for them to say that and that they should make their own post?

The more you speak, the worse you look lol

Quoting hailey51207:

Mad or jealous lol my DH is successful and of I wanted to pay someone to clean my house I can but don't and wont. Im successful as well.

Quoting Anonymous:

Im not the person who wrote that. I'm just not a bitter bitch mad or jealous at other people for their successes in life. That's all
Quoting hailey51207:

What is rude was you. I asked about chores not how much gobs of damn money we have and that we pay someone else to clean our house. Perhaps you should have saved it for own damn post called"Gobs of money"

Quoting Anonymous:

Well that's quite rude of you. You can make a post bragging about your helpful husband, and no one else can comment bragging about what their husband does best?

Perhaps you want a cookie for this post?

I

Quoting hailey51207:

Want a cookie?

Quoting Not_A_Native:

He works long erratic hours and makes gobs of money.  If I need help with something, I pay for it.

Of course, I only have one child at home full time, and she's 18 and a high school senior!  But even when the kids were young (I have 4), I did the vast majority - he was always working.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)