Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions
Curious Im watching the Today show and they said men contributed more to house hold chores. So ladies does your man help? If so how much? My DH helps do everything dishes, vacuum, trash, pick toys up, clean counters off, re-arrange things, etc. Name it he does it! Oh he does the toilet & not me lol. Only chore I wont let him do is laundry. Because he likes to shrink things and don't always put everything away in the right place where I like it lol and sometimes I find Cinderella underwear in my drawer lmao. So tell me about your man!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 9:08 AM
Replies (81-87):
eesmommy
by Gold Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 10:39 AM
He scrubs our toilet, takes the trash out..... he will help if I ask but I only ask if I am sick... I am a sahm so I run the house.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
meparty
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 10:40 AM

Yes, hubby does a lot of the household stuff.  I do dishes, laundry/clean bathrooms etc, iron, but he does ALL the household work, plumbing issues etc... I didnt realize how much he did till i read this post.  HMM maybe I will make chicken marsala.

DylansMom213
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 10:43 AM

Well he works and I stay home, so I don't expect him to do too much. He helps if I ask or if it's obvious to him that I need it. Oh yeah and he takes care of the yard.

Karla1948
by VS 120 Lady on Jan. 2, 2013 at 11:19 AM

I've never had a problem giving my D/H things to do! But, I always kept him out of my kitchen, and I always did the washing part of the laundry, and the drying/folding part of my laundry (he can do the drying/folding for his own).

Advertising Banner Designs - Only $9.00

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 2, 2013 at 11:21 AM
He takes out the trash most of the time.
acrogodess
by Ruby Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 12:40 AM

Peter helps, but not often. Right now he is working 2 jobs and putting in between 55-80 hours per week. Since I only work 15-20 hours per week, the children and I are doing the majority of the household with me doing all the deep cleaning. He usually just cooks when he is off lately. When he was the stay at home parent he was doing the bulk of the house work.

MommyLanie
by Bronze Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 1:22 AM

DH takes out the trash and on my birthday and mother's day if we stay in will help with dishes and cooking if he can't guilt the children into doing it. OH!!  He also washes is own clothes.  I use to wash them (on occasion), fold them and expect for him to put them away but he got a bug up his butt because he had to put away his own clothing.  If I need anything else done I have to ask then he will remind me what he did until he hears lots of praise and appreciation.   

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)