Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

When someone claims your kids that aren't suppose to..

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 43 Replies
My grandmother is trying to add my 2 kids to get back on her taxes..... The woman does not raise my kids! Doesn't even see them! How do I turn her in?
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 2, 2013 at 9:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Perfect.Pixie
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 9:32 AM
Call the IRS? Here's a bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
alexsmomaubrys2
by Ruby Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 9:32 AM

WOW! That is crazy. I don't know.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 2, 2013 at 9:33 AM

I would call the IRS and report her. That's crazy. She has to have their ssn to claim them and a signed paper with your signature on it saying you are allowing her to claim them. 

joyfullem
by Bronze Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 9:33 AM
3 moms liked this

you claim them on your taxes and if your request is denied then your tax person will have to send in proof that you are the custodial parent (which should be relatively easy) and the IRS will work it out

ForeverInLove
by Bronze Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 9:33 AM

Just fill out your taxes, and claim them. When it comes back that they've already been claimed, show proof they are your children, that you take care of them, they reside with you for at least six months out of the year, and the IRS will make her pay back what she gets back, and could fine/punish her for it too. It will take longer to get everything back this time, but it's worth it.

Not_A_Native
by Ruby Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 9:35 AM

You can report her to the IRS.

Why is she doing this?  Just to be a bitch?  Just greedy?  Or has she been paying to support/help support them and/or you?

Lizardannie1966
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 9:35 AM

Granny needs to be turned into the IRS and if she's also attempting this with your local state taxes, contact them as well.

First try telling your Grandmother to cut the crap on trying to put your kid's on her return. Why would she feel she has the right?

funlovinlady
by Gold Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 9:36 AM

Call the IRS. Like yesterday

brettsmomma
by ~Tammie~ on Jan. 2, 2013 at 9:36 AM

i wouldnt report her. Just claim your children and bring proof you are the custodial parent. She will get herself busted out without all the drama.

Photo: -Randi.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 2, 2013 at 9:36 AM
I heard she claimed them last year too! I never signed and never gave her my kids snn?! Idk how she did it?

Quoting Anonymous:

I would call the IRS and report her. That's crazy. She has to have their ssn to claim them and a signed paper with your signature on it saying you are allowing her to claim them. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)