Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Thanks Obama!!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
My DH got a letter from his employer informing him that his checks will be $150 less for a whole year.

So I guess Mr. Obama's promise to not raise taxes on the middle class was a big fat lie. And don't give me the whole "it could have been worse" line.

$150 is a weeks worth of groceries for us.

So, thanks Mr. Obama, for not keeping your promise and for not being a man of your word. You're awesome!!

I hope the rest of America realizes how awesome you are and votes accordingly in two years.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 2, 2013 at 12:26 PM
Replies (201-210):
morrigan914
by Gold Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 3:28 PM
This. If his 2012 paycheck is short it is not because of Obama raising taxes.

Quoting myperfect4inok:

How can it be shorter for a 2012 pay period?

The new tax rates didn't take effect until.the 1st.

Quoting Anonymous:

It wasn't a generic letter. My DH got that amount based on his income. I'm sure others got theirs with different amounts. It gave him a breakdown and a min-max amount. Min was $123 and max is $150. We got his check today and, in effect, it's $149.78 shorter than normal.

Quoting myperfect4inok:

They will see it because social security tax is going back up the 2%, which it was years before we got the cut.

They had to do something for social security or it wouldn't be around much longer.

And how can they send a generic letter saying everyones checks will be that short. It depends on what you make

Quoting Anonymous:

Yeah.... keep believing that. My DH doesn't make anywhere near that.

several articles online today have said that most Americans will see a ",slight" decrease in their checks in 2013.

My DHs employer just did them the courtesy to forewarn them so they could be prepared. I'm sure most employers are not going to do that.

Quoting Anonymous:

In order for this to be Obama's fault your husband has to bring in $7,500 a pay period as the only increase was an expiration on a social security break of 2%.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mcarsel89
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 3:30 PM

Um... a lot of people think those things, but they generally don't say them out-loud. Or type them.

Quoting Anonymous:

Lol you sound like an idiot. Good thing you're anon because If i were you, I wouldn't want to admit how uneducated I was either.

Quoting Anonymous:

Yep when he takes the guns away that's when we will be invaded by other countries. America is going to fall because of this asshole and people only wanted him because he black. Not many black people cared because they wanted yo keep one of their own in office but I bet they will care when their food stamps stop so they can't pay their escalade car payments.

littlelamb303
by Ruby Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 3:32 PM
1 mom liked this

How is it obama's fault?  He works in the private sector, right?  They can and WILL do anything they want.  Believe me, private jobs are not secure. I worked in one for 20 yrs and they pushed out all of their employees 45 and over because we were "too expensive".  I say it is your husband's company and their greed, nothing to do with obama.

sexychica25
by Silver Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 3:33 PM
Well whatever you want to call him, you're stuck with him for the next 4 years.

Quoting Anonymous:

Look at you getting all indignant because she said Mr.! I'm pretty sure we can call Obummer whatever we jolly well please obamanation, commander in thief and so on. Maybe if he wouldn't totally suck at his job and stop spending all OUR money on lavish vacations we would like him and moochelle more!

Quoting sexychica25:

First I capped president because he's not "Mr", Use his proper title. Second, if you're referring to the "fiscal cliff" he hasn't even signed the damn thing. So again, odds are its you're husband's employer. Taxes go up and down every year no what who's in office, we all just have to make due.

Quoting Anonymous:

Then the PRESIDENT shouldn't make promises he can't keep. My DHs emplloyer gave him a heads up of the new tax laws going intto effect for 2013. I'm sure not all employers will do that and will just wait for their employees to be surprised with their first check of the year being less than normal.

Quoting sexychica25:

Yea I'm sure PRESIDENT Obama had everything to do with that. You do realize he doesn't have the final say in everything right? It could very well be your husband employer, and not the president.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 2, 2013 at 3:35 PM

People like the OP blame the president for everything.  I have even heard them blame him for the killing of those 20 children and even storms.  Too ignorant to look things up and find out what is really going on.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 2, 2013 at 3:35 PM

What are you OMGing for? No checks would be cut already the tax laws don't go in effect until the 1st. So any change in her husband's paycheck is something the employer did. 

Quoting gammie:

OMG banging head into wall

Quoting sexychica25:

But the check does come the employer right?

Quoting gammie:

OMG you got 30 likes and you wrong LOL

evrybodys check got cut, some of the 30 don't get pay check so they don't know?

Quoting sexychica25:

Yea I'm sure PRESIDENT Obama had everything to do with that. You do realize he doesn't have the final say in everything right? It could very well be your husband employer, and not the president.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 2, 2013 at 3:36 PM
2 moms liked this
It's a scary thing that some of these women are voting without a clear knowledge of how the branches of government work.

Quoting Anonymous:

It would do many of you well to pick up a government book and study.
Mamapanda1030
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 3:39 PM

Did they say why there was a pay decrease? If it's because of taxes, usually they will say so...

sexychica25
by Silver Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 3:39 PM
Did you? Taxes are going to go up in some form. There's no way around that. That's an age old campaign promise that every candidate is going to recant on in one form or the other. Next....

Quoting x2monstersx:

Sure, he doesn't have everything to do with it.  But did you see him voting against taxes?

Quoting sexychica25:

sexychica25
by Silver Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 3:40 PM
You see why I left her getting an headache?? Lol

Quoting Anonymous:

What are you OMGing for? No checks would be cut already the tax laws don't go in effect until the 1st. So any change in her husband's paycheck is something the employer did. 

Quoting gammie:

OMG banging head into wall

Quoting sexychica25:

But the check does come the employer right?

Quoting gammie:

OMG you got 30 likes and you wrong LOL

evrybodys check got cut, some of the 30 don't get pay check so they don't know?

Quoting sexychica25:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured