Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I'm starving my child today. UPDATE**

Posted by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 12:49 PM
  • 19 Replies
And I feel like shit about it. He's been on miralax since Saturday so anything he has eaten in the last 4 days has gone right through him. After one day on the stuff he refused to eat any type of solid food so he's been on a formula only diet. Well today is the day before his scope tomorrow so he's clear liquids only today until midnight then nothing until he wakes up after the scope tomorrow morning.

I've tried every clear avenu on the market so far today. I knew it was going to be hard because even on a good day he doesn't drink juice or water. The nurse line said to just syringe what I could into his mouth and make some ice pops out of the rest.

Ugh I just feel bad because I know he's hungry and still having diarrhea.

Update **

We just got home a few minutes ago from the hospital. Everything went well it just took forever and day because the first GI surgery ran over. He's still got bad diarrhea but that should subside in a few days and he finally got to have his bottle with his milk. He's a little lethargic but that's expected.

So basically what he saw with the scope is his plyoric muscle was a little tight due to in inflammation in his intestine which looks like a fungal infection due to a gluten allergy. They took biopsies from three places so we should know within a week what it actually is.

Thanks for the well wishes !
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 12:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mrs.H15
by Bronze Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 12:51 PM
Poor baby : (
HezekiahsMom07
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 12:52 PM
Awwww :-(
vixen42
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 12:52 PM

what kind of procedure is he having?

rebeccab1966
by Gold Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 12:53 PM

Wow, that's really rough, poor kid!  Hope the testing goes well for you tomorrow!

Charliesmommy11
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 12:53 PM
He's napping now : ( poor guy I can hear his belly rumbling.
mom2hadley
by Heather on Jan. 2, 2013 at 12:53 PM
Poor little guy :(
Charliesmommy11
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 12:54 PM
He's having an EDG at 5:45 in the morning.

Quoting vixen42:

what kind of procedure is he having?

Cher53
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 12:54 PM

Poor honey, but Mama hold tight the scope will be over soon and then maybe things will get back to normal I hope so for you and your child.

Charliesmommy11
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 12:55 PM
Me too ,I'm hoping they see nothing wrong and we can go about our treatment plan we've already established.

Quoting rebeccab1966:

Wow, that's really rough, poor kid!  Hope the testing goes well for you tomorrow!

lnr187
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 12:55 PM

aww poor baby :( im sorry you have to go through this. hope he gets better soon!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)