Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Whole foods diet?

Posted by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 1:50 PM
  • 31 Replies

Do any of you do a whole foods diet?

This is what we are wanting to do, and I'm so not good with coming up with ideas for meals. I need good ideas that my kiddos will like. They love fruits and veggies, it's the meat they get bored with.

Today we're having baked salmon and smoothies.

My actions do not just affect my life, but also the lives of those that depend on me. Therefore, I choose to make good decisions, ones that will have a positive impact on the lives I've been given to raise up.

by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 1:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
tennisgal
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 1:51 PM

be more specific with what sort of foods you are looking for or looking to eliminate from your diet. 

kcangel63
by Freebirther on Jan. 2, 2013 at 1:52 PM
Bump
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
momofmany86
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 2:01 PM

Dairy, eggs, anything with gluten, artificial flavoring/colors, anything processed really. We'll eat ground beef, which is technically processed, but I don't want to eat anything processed. Mostly fruits and veggies, with some meats thrown in for good measure.

We will occasionally bake things - muffins, cookies, etc. But I will use coconut flour, almond meal, coconut milk, etc.

Quoting tennisgal:

be more specific with what sort of foods you are looking for or looking to eliminate from your diet. 

My actions do not just affect my life, but also the lives of those that depend on me. Therefore, I choose to make good decisions, ones that will have a positive impact on the lives I've been given to raise up.

tennisgal
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 2:08 PM

oh you threw me on the eggs and dairy. lol. there is a really good "crockpot rotisserie chicken" recipe on 100 days of real food (it's a pretty good blog, but her site isn't working today).

and not to sound like a dumbass, but how is ground beef "processed" food. It is literally just ground up cuts of meat (we order from a local farmer, so I realize it's not 100 different cow's parts all ground up together)

Quoting momofmany86:

Dairy, eggs, anything with gluten, artificial flavoring/colors, anything processed really. We'll eat ground beef, which is technically processed, but I don't want to eat anything processed. Mostly fruits and veggies, with some meats thrown in for good measure.

We will occasionally bake things - muffins, cookies, etc. But I will use coconut flour, almond meal, coconut milk, etc.

Quoting tennisgal:

momofmany86
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 2:21 PM

It really just depends on where you get it. It isn't reeeeeeeeally processed, but they add things to it if you buy from a regular grocer, walmart, etc. We buy from a local farmer as well... well, she's a two hour drive from us, but local all the same.

Quoting tennisgal:

oh you threw me on the eggs and dairy. lol. there is a really good "crockpot rotisserie chicken" recipe on 100 days of real food (it's a pretty good blog, but her site isn't working today).

and not to sound like a dumbass, but how is ground beef "processed" food. It is literally just ground up cuts of meat (we order from a local farmer, so I realize it's not 100 different cow's parts all ground up together)

Quoting momofmany86:

Quoting tennisgal:

Kitschy
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 2:23 PM

Here's a bump for you. Our diet is mainly whole foods but I don't put that much thought in to is. A grilled piece of chicken with steamed veggies is a staple around here.

momofcrazypants
by Bronze Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 2:25 PM

Have you watched Forks over Knives? It's on Netflix. Google Dr. T. Colin Campbell, that may shoot you in the direction you seek.

We juice, keep our animal product consumption low and eat tons of fresh organic fruits/veggies.

momofmany86
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 2:29 PM

Yeah, my kids and husband are getting sick of that.

Quoting Kitschy:

Here's a bump for you. Our diet is mainly whole foods but I don't put that much thought in to is. A grilled piece of chicken with steamed veggies is a staple around here.

momofmany86
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 2:30 PM

I want to juice, but DH doesn't like it. He says there's so much that goes to waste when we do that. He wants to keep the skins, not discard them.

sweetmissy_05
by Gold Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 2:31 PM

I make kefir sometimes.  And we get grass fed chicken eggs from a friend. I also make my own chicken and beef stock sometimes.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured