Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

YOU DID WHAT TO MY DD!?!?! update the school called the cops

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

so my ex husband has custody of our dd(long story), shes 16. and last night i got a call telling me that she up and left during an argument they were having (my dd has adhd and my exdh refuses to give her meds,and he wonders why she lashes out so often) my exdh shoved her down the hallway making her slam into the bookshelf they have there and she packed her things and left, took her phone and the car her dad bought for her 16th birthday and a huge bag. when he went into her room her bed was stripped her dresser was empty all her books were gone her video game console and her computer were all  gone, she moved out. he didnt even know where she went and didnt even seem to care!

iv been calling her friends all night long and none of them have seen her, then i get a text this morning from a boy from her phone, "hey kitties fine,this is her friend Grave, shes staying with me, she showed up with a black eye and bruises all down her front. i drove her to school and she forgot her phone, ill ask her to call you when she gets back here", iv only heard graves name(its a nickname i think his actual name is alex or Jorge) once when i talked to her, she has a crush on him, and he's almost 20 years old and lives on his own.....called the police and they said they cant do anything because my dd is old enough to make her own decisions

just got a text from one of her friends saying shes in class but the teacher sent her to the office to talk to the counselor,UGH!! i dont know this boy, and my dd only met him in july last year

update: my dd just called me, i asked what was going on and why she didnt call me she said "i wanted to go hang out at the theater with klaire, and dad didnt want me to for some unknown reason, so i went to my room to talk to klaire on fb. dad came in all pissed off yelling at me saying that i was just saying he's a piece of shit dad to all of my friends. when i told him i was just telling her not to wait for me he left, i was afraid to go out in the living room but i was starting to get hungry so i went out there put some soup in the microwave and went to the bathroom. when i came out dad was pissed off again and started yelling at me saying he was going to make dinner, i just told him i didnt want to eat dinner with him because he was being a jerk and i tried to grab my food but he shoved my face into the corner of the table and yelled saying i was going to eat dinner with him. when i told him no he grabbed my soup out of the microwave and threw it at my feet then grabbed me by the back of the shirt and shoved me down the hall way. i just left after that and didnt want to go to klaires house again and i didnt call you because i was upset and just wanted to calm down first"

i asked her if she wanted to live with me and she said she wanted to stay up  there with her friends instead of going to a new school for a year and then not knowing anyone when she graduates, i talked to grave also asked him his real name(its Jorge) and told him my cousin was going over tonight to take pictures of his place so i can see if shes safe there, he agreed so i feel a little bit better

ETA:grave just called me again and told me the school called the cops but the cops said since shes out of the house and in a safe environment all they can do is put a restraining order on exdh and have my cousin keep an eye on her until shes 18

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 2, 2013 at 4:23 PM
Replies (11-20):
gypsy_rose
by Kandy on Jan. 2, 2013 at 4:30 PM
1 mom liked this
Agreed. She ran for saftey.

Quoting CeeGee81:

I would be more concerned that my ex husband assaulted my daughter and if she's ok, rather than who she ran to.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 2, 2013 at 4:31 PM

Quoting momma0ffive:

well at least she went to school and you know that she is safe give her space she'll get a hold of you

im trying to stay calm, but this isnt the first time shes left during an argument, except the times before she always went to her best friends hosue not some strange guys house

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 2, 2013 at 4:32 PM
4 moms liked this
Why the hell are you not fighting for custody?

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting mommytoeandb:

She needs to file a police report. At least she is safe.

she did in 8th grade and the social worker said everything her dad has done to her was her fault (im not even joking) she now refuses to do anything but leave every time her dad gets out of hand

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jan. 2, 2013 at 4:32 PM
1 mom liked this

i think if i were you, I'd be talking to a lawyer. 

nellyb118
by Gold Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 4:33 PM
Wth since when is 16 old enough to make her own decisions?? She's a minor. You need to have her come live with you and she should file a report about the incident with her dad.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
NVL0707
by Ruby Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 4:33 PM
If her father is abusive why doesn't she live with you?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 2, 2013 at 4:33 PM
She has known him for 6 months that is not a strange man.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting momma0ffive:

well at least she went to school and you know that she is safe give her space she'll get a hold of you

im trying to stay calm, but this isnt the first time shes left during an argument, except the times before she always went to her best friends hosue not some strange guys house

Mamapanda1030
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 4:34 PM

You need to be reporting your ex. I thank God she was able to get out of there before she couldn't anymore.

embrigmom
by Gold Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 4:34 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

What state do you live in where 16 is legally old enough to make their own decisions?

In New York at 16 you can move out on your own if you so wish.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 2, 2013 at 4:34 PM

Quoting gypsy_rose:

Agreed. She ran for saftey.

Quoting CeeGee81:

I would be more concerned that my ex husband assaulted my daughter and if she's ok, rather than who she ran to.

i am concerned that he started that up again,but its happened before and the social worker did nothing but blame me dd for my exdh's behavior.

if she is safe at this boys house then im somewhat ok with it but im slightly nervous that he is a boy that i only know the nick name of

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN