Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

He called my baby a jiggaboo EDIT EDIT 2! UPDATE 1-3-13

Posted by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 5:39 PM
  • 320 Replies
1 mom liked this

No sure if that is spelled right. My 12 year old stepson called my 2 year old son a jiggaboo today. He knows what it means and as soon as he said it he knew I know what it means to. My son is half African American and this really pissed me off. It took all of my restraint not to hit the kid. I need some help. His dad did not even yell at him and claims he did not hear it but he was only about 6 inches from me so I know he heard it. I need advise as to handle this situation. Before I go home and say or do something I may regret. 

EDIT: It is basically the exact same as calling him the N word. My son is the only one in the family that is mixed. Everyone else is white.

EDIT 2: So this seems to matter to everyone. I am white, my husband and his kids are white. My son is black and white. My ex was black. And he knew damn well what it meant. He has called my son a nigger, coon, porch monkey and now this. I am at my wits end. I told DH he had better do something because my son will not grow up in an environment where he thinks being called this is ok. If I have to I will leave DH. I dont want to but my son will always come first.

UPDATE: We sat down with him last night. We told him that type of language will not be tolerated in our home and if he feels like that towards my son he will no longer be welcome in our house. We made it clear that if he would like to straighten up and not use that type of language then he is more than welcome to stay. His response was "what do I care she's not my mom and that n***** is not my brother". His father slapped his across the face, packed his stuff and took him to his racist mother. He will not be coming to our house again for a very long time if ever.

Should make it known this is not the only reason he was kicked out. He is very violent. About a month ago he shoved me through our wall. He is only 12 but he is 5'6" and 170 pounds. I am only 5'3" and 115 pounds. Shit like that cant be tolerated. He also broke down our door, shattered our kitchen window, had the cops called for breaking into the neighbors car and just got off probation for felony theft. This kid needs more help then we can give him and his BM has legal sole custody. He was with us because he chose to be and she allowed it but I can only tolerate so much.  DH knows he is more than welcome to visit him over there but he will not come here. And you can call me whatever you want but you have no idea what I have put up with this last year. Until you have been in my shoes you cant even begin to imagine.

by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 5:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 2, 2013 at 5:40 PM
He is black his own self?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 2, 2013 at 5:40 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm not sure what it means.... 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 2, 2013 at 5:40 PM

I've been living in a box apparently.  What is a jiggaboo??

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 2, 2013 at 5:40 PM
What the hell!
YzmaRocks
by Ruby Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 5:40 PM
I have no idea what that means.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Mortiferouslatt
by Platinum Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 5:40 PM
3 moms liked this
No advice other than your husband needs to say something. If he doesn't I'd question his character.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
raye-chan
by Raye on Jan. 2, 2013 at 5:41 PM
O.o
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 2, 2013 at 5:41 PM
It's a racial slur.

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jan. 2, 2013 at 5:41 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

Kat31
by AlwaysWatching on Jan. 2, 2013 at 5:41 PM
Wow. That's unacceptable. Also, I haven't heard that term in a long time.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)