Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

my 16 month old...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 10 Replies
Doesn't want to eat anything :( I'm driving myself nuts trying to get this child to eat. I need advice for a picky eater and also food ideas? Some things she does like are:
Yogurt
Apples
Toast
Turkey dogs
Cheese
Crackers .. that is pretty much it :/
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 2, 2013 at 6:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
The_Doodle
by Platinum Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 6:47 PM
1 mom liked this

She will eat if she is hungry. I know that's the generic answer, but I had the same problem with my now 2.5 year old at that age. She is still extremely picky but she will not starve herself. I saw somewhere that to look at a toddler's diet to look at what they eat that week and not that day. After I started doing that, I realized that she will follow a day of light eating with a day of heavy eating. That made me feel better. We also started giving her a gummy vitamin and on days that she didn't eat a lot, we would give her either a Pediasure or some milk with Ovaltine mixed in so that we knew she was getting some kind of nutrition every day.

emeraldangel2.0
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 6:48 PM

it's normal for toddlers to not have a huge appetite. she'll eat when she's hungry, she's just busy processing all this new stuff she's learning. i had the same problem but now she's eating more.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 2, 2013 at 7:06 PM
This makes me feel better thanks!

Quoting The_Doodle:

She will eat if she is hungry. I know that's the generic answer, but I had the same problem with my now 2.5 year old at that age. She is still extremely picky but she will not starve herself. I saw somewhere that to look at a toddler's diet to look at what they eat that week and not that day. After I started doing that, I realized that she will follow a day of light eating with a day of heavy eating. That made me feel better. We also started giving her a gummy vitamin and on days that she didn't eat a lot, we would give her either a Pediasure or some milk with Ovaltine mixed in so that we knew she was getting some kind of nutrition every day.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 2, 2013 at 7:08 PM
I'm mostly worried because she will only take a few bites of food each meal, and then a few bites of all my food. I just feel like she's starving. :(

Quoting emeraldangel2.0:

it's normal for toddlers to not have a huge appetite. she'll eat when she's hungry, she's just busy processing all this new stuff she's learning. i had the same problem but now she's eating more.

EmmaGlenn20
by Platinum Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 7:09 PM
Will she eat apples dipped in peanut butter?
I agree with the doodle. There's honestly no use stressing over it. I get so upset when my 16 mo won't eat but she's right, she will eat if she's hungry. She won't starve herself.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 2, 2013 at 7:11 PM
Yes she does like peanut butter! She will eat peanut butter on a tortilla I forgot to add that! lol

Quoting EmmaGlenn20:

Will she eat apples dipped in peanut butter?

I agree with the doodle. There's honestly no use stressing over it. I get so upset when my 16 mo won't eat but she's right, she will eat if she's hungry. She won't starve herself.
MizzDeeDee
by Gold Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 7:15 PM

How about pastas? My 19 month old LOVES pasta, which is GREAT because you can mix in proteins like meat in the pasta sauces. They don't even know they're eating it!

EmmaGlenn20
by Platinum Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 7:16 PM
Quoting Anonymous:

That's great! Peanut butter isn't great to overdose on obviously but it's a much needed protein boost, especially with apples.
Again, don't worry about it, she'll eat when she needs to :)
xanayda
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 7:18 PM
Is she teething? i know my 1yo won't eat ANYTHING when her teething unless i give him pain meds... :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
emeraldangel2.0
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 7:58 PM

my little girl does that all the time. remember her stomach is as big as her fist, they get full fast

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm mostly worried because she will only take a few bites of food each meal, and then a few bites of all my food. I just feel like she's starving. :(

Quoting emeraldangel2.0:

RebeccaNYE-vi

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN