Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My DD came home crying tonight and because of that I ended my friendship...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 32 Replies
1 mom liked this

I have well had this friend "J" she lives in housing for free...receives food stamps and medicaid ...$40 a month from the state to help cover her  electric bill...She gets a 100 in child support a week plus she babysits a 6 month old 30 hours a week for $120 and since she does not report the child support or the babysitting money to housing or food stamps or the state she basically makes 220 a week and the only bills she has his her cell $50 a month and her electric $30 a month (total electric is around $70)..she uses her neighbors wifi for free every month and uses her mothers email and password to get free netflix so she gets aprox $880 a month and bills comes to $80 a month that leaves her 800 a month to go blow on what she wants...There is a reason i told you all of this....

J likes to go blow money sometimes it is on stupid crap others times it is to take her child on all these fun trips and activities...Well her DD or J was always asking either my  DD or I to go and do these activities with them and because money got tight for us we had to say no...Last week I had a talk with my friend and told her money was tight so for awhile we would not beable to join them on the fun outings and to please have her DD stop asking mine to go, because I hated always having to say no...

So today my DD came home upset and when I asked her why she said today at school she was playing with "A" (J's DD) and "M" well A asked M if she wanted to go tubing Saturday  and then turned to my DD and said she would have asked her however her mommy told her she was not to invite her because her family was poor...when I heard this I called and asked my friend what the hell...she said it was the only way she knew how to explain it to her DD...

I got very angry and told her if she was not abusing the system then she wouldn't have the money either to do all those  fun things and since my family actually has to pay their own way in life money is sometimes tight and means we can't do all the fun crap and what her DD said to mine at school in front of other kids was wrong she tried to tell me what her child said wasn't bad because it was true...at that point I told her I will be reporting her so she can see what it is actually like to support yourself in the real world and the friendship was over!!!

***EDIT***The problem is my family is not poor we can afford all of our own bills without help....we can afford the things we need, however with Christmas just passing and us needing to pay for dance costumes (around 200) and to pay an 8th grade trip (around 150 plus spending money) extra for all these fun outing is just not there....She had no right to tell her DD we were poor because we are not and then to have her DD go to school and say that to my DD and on top of that in front of others was wrong...when she told her DD we were poor she lied to her DD....Oh and my friend knows all of this

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 2, 2013 at 7:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lucky2Beeme
by Ruby Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 7:26 PM
1 mom liked this

Its probably best this friendship blew up.

Maks1mommy
by Emerald Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 7:26 PM
Oh snap!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
livn4hevn
by Silver Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 7:28 PM

well hopefully she'll change... but chances are she'll find a way to juke the system anyway....

kaylasmom22
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 7:28 PM
Wow
embersparkle
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 7:29 PM
Ummm ok. You are just now going to report her because she made mad ? Very mature. And the little girl shouldn't have said that to your daughter but you did have your friend tell her daughter to stop inviting her......
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 2, 2013 at 7:29 PM
If she's on assistance and child support is court ordered they are aware of that.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 2, 2013 at 7:29 PM
Yikes! Your "friend" sounds like a peach. It is probably for the best that you guys aren't friends anymore.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 2, 2013 at 7:29 PM
So you ended the friendship because she said the same thing to her dd that you had said to her? Was she supposed to lie for you?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jan. 2, 2013 at 7:29 PM
Wow. How old are the kids?
wkukid
by Beach Bum on Jan. 2, 2013 at 7:30 PM
1 mom liked this
Turn her in. She's a drain on society and what she's doing is illegal.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN