Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Cloth diapering

Posted by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 7:37 PM
  • 7 Replies

I want to start cloth diapering , but i know nothing about it , so ladies i need the info all of it you got.

1 which are the best , how many do i need ?

2what do you do with them while waiting to be washed

3. what do you wash them in

I have always been a papmpers mama, i tried the huggies pull ups they were ok , do cloth diapers work well at night ? How are they secured ?

by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 7:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Mommy_Natural
by Silver Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 7:43 PM
Some have snaps ( I prefer those) and some have Velcro to secure them. I didn't have just one favorite brand. I had favorites for each occasion lol. Pocket diapers are the best for over night in my opinion becuse you can stuff them with extra inserts. I liked all in ones for out on public because they were thinner under clothes. I actually have some different kinds just sitting in a box if you want them PM me you are welcome to them! My son has been potty trained for over a year lol. I sold some but the ones I didn't sell I still have.

ETA:
I washed mine in cloth diaper detergent, my favorite was Crunchy Clean. You need probably at least 24 so if you change baby every 2 hours you will have to wash every other day. I always washed mine every day but if you are super busy you could buy more diapers and wash less often, like every 2 days or something.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
2ltlmonkeyz
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 7:46 PM

BUMP!

Lovemyfamilyof8
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 7:47 PM

1. The best IMO are KuWaii baby and Little Fancy Pants , BUT always have some cheap Sunbaby on hand in case of a suck day :0

2. In a basket dedicated to only cloth. DO NOT soak. It has been changed as far as recommendation goes!

3. I use cloth diaper wash only! ALWAYS wash in ONLY cold, as hot water sets in the urine and feces kind of like blood! Wash in cold, and hang dry if possible. NEVER use fabric softener or dryer sheets as they will ruin your absorbancy!

4. When stripping use ONLY cold water and wash them until there are no soap bubble in the washing machine!

GOOD LUCK MAMA!

baquick
by Ruby Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 7:48 PM
Join Cuties with Cloth Booties. It's a wonderful group that will answer all your questions.

I prefer the ones made by Mommas on here.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
2ltlmonkeyz
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 7:54 PM

Thank you so much, i copied and pasted your anser onto word pad and saved it lol

Quoting Lovemyfamilyof8:

1. The best IMO are KuWaii baby and Little Fancy Pants , BUT always have some cheap Sunbaby on hand in case of a suck day :0

2. In a basket dedicated to only cloth. DO NOT soak. It has been changed as far as recommendation goes!

3. I use cloth diaper wash only! ALWAYS wash in ONLY cold, as hot water sets in the urine and feces kind of like blood! Wash in cold, and hang dry if possible. NEVER use fabric softener or dryer sheets as they will ruin your absorbancy!

4. When stripping use ONLY cold water and wash them until there are no soap bubble in the washing machine!

GOOD LUCK MAMA!

Lovemyfamilyof8
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 8:01 PM

I respectably disagree with the amount of 24 diapers needed! Depending on the age of the child, you need about 12. Wash 6 at a time, and you will be fine! Definitely buy online, you will get wholesale prices and save a TON! Boutiques are really expensive, but convenient! Make a choice...lol I will put up some websites in a minute!

Quoting 2ltlmonkeyz:

Thank you so much, i copied and pasted your anser onto word pad and saved it lol

Quoting Lovemyfamilyof8:

GOOD LUCK MAMA!

Proud Army wife and SAHM to seven! christmas treeholding ornaments

Lovemyfamilyof8
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 8:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured