Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

some stranger picked up my 7 year old...

Posted by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 7:43 PM
  • 53 Replies
We moved in december, i enrolled my son in school and had it set up so he started school today. We drop him off this morning so we could all meet his teacher and see his clasroom (he is 7 and in first grade). They show me the bus tag they are going to put on his backpack, we hug him and leave. Fast forward to this afternoon, my husband goes out to the bus stop to wait for our son, we told our son that we will be waiting for him and showed him his bus stop etc, my husband calls me and says Gabe didnt get off the bus-panic hits! Just as im about to call the school some random number calls me, i answer and this guy is like "um your son gabe got off the wrong stop, he is pretty shook up, hes in my car ect." Anyway, i give him directions to where he is supposed to be and as he pulls up the bus driver pulls up too and is like "ive driven up and own the road and cant find him". In a nutshell the random stranger brought my son back home safely. Thank god he wasnt some child molesting/kidnapping/raping/murdering freak.

Im irritated that the bus driver let him off at the wrong stop, they knew he was going to be on the bus and they knew which stop he was getting off at as well. When our son got out of that car he just broke down and bawled and hugged us, needless to say i told him do not get off that bus unless he sees myself or his dad. That could have ended badly! We are obviously still new to the area and havent had a chance to explore around outside yet since its freakishly cold up here (we are in north dakota).
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 7:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
edelweiss23
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 7:45 PM
Thank god nothing happened!!!
motherslove82
by Ruby Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 7:45 PM
Oh my goodness! I'm glad he's ok. That is so scary.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 2, 2013 at 7:47 PM

I'm so so glad it was a nice guy who found him. Hugs mama. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 2, 2013 at 7:48 PM
2 moms liked this

See, there are truly decent people on this planet :)

Congrats on the safe kid.

blessed107
by Platinum Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 7:48 PM

Thank God nothing bad happened, my heart probably would have stopped for a few seconds after panicking.

Nicoleb9
by Emerald Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 7:48 PM
Thank god it was a nice guy who found him.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ksueditz
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 7:49 PM
1 mom liked this
Omg as soon as I read the title my heart stopped! So glad he's home safe. I would definitely be talking to the school about the mess up.
momma0ffive
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 7:51 PM
glad everything came out good, now you no some one and can be friends
cjsix
by Platinum Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 7:52 PM
2 moms liked this

Praise God that an Angel was there for your son...I am so happy that he is home safely.

BEXi
by BEXi on Jan. 2, 2013 at 7:52 PM

Aww poor thing!! I am so terrified of this. :(

Money Hungry Mommy Blog

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)