Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Recipes! Please!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 19 Replies
Okay, I want to prepare a weeks worth meals in advance for my SO when I am gone. While, I always prepare meals in advance, it's nothing like, take out of fridge out in oven. 1. I am trying to avoid the freezer. He gets home late, and will have the boys to take care of ... An he is not going to wait the hour for a frozen dish to cook. 2. When I do this for us, when I am home, I usually "prep it" but it still needs to be "put together." Again. I just want meals that he can literally pull out and heat up!

Do you have a good recipe idea???
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 2, 2013 at 8:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 2, 2013 at 8:34 PM
Bump!! Oh, come on!! Help me out!! I know it's not controversial ... But I really need to figure this out! I have to leave my SO and two small boys home for an entire week while I go see my mother who has lung cancer! And I just want to make this week as easy as possible on him, so I can go see her again, before she gets too sick! :(
crescentstar2
by Anne on Jan. 2, 2013 at 8:35 PM
Bump cause I don't have it together tonight to help ya sorry
audreesmama
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 8:36 PM
1 mom liked this

Onceamonthmom.com there are free menus if you look past January 2012. Also if you freeze them, he can take them out of the freeze and put in fridge to thaw in the morning. I used to make homemade frozen pizzas--just buy ready-made dough, top, wrap in saran wrap and freeze. No different than a store bought one except it's cheaper. You can do different crusts and toppings, too. 

momo3fgr8tteens
by Ruby Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 8:36 PM

Do you have a crock pot?

usmcwifey11
by Platinum Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 8:36 PM
What about crockpot meals?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Dorra
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 8:36 PM

allrecipes.com

ff-princess
by Ruby Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 8:38 PM
2 moms liked this

not for a week.  I can't think of anything that you can put in the fridge that's still going to be fresh on the last two days.

heresjohnny
by Emerald Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 8:39 PM

Crock pot meals are a VERY good idea. You can assemble them ahead of time in large ziplock bags, that way he can just open the bag and dump it in the crock pot in the morning. Be careful though, some meals only need to cook for 3-4 hours, so that wouldn't work if he's gone for 8+ hours.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 2, 2013 at 8:42 PM
I could for the first night ... But then he would have to do the work of putting it in the crock pot. :(

Quoting usmcwifey11:

What about crockpot meals?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 2, 2013 at 8:42 PM
I o not think crock pot meals will work.

Quoting heresjohnny:

Crock pot meals are a VERY good idea. You can assemble them ahead of time in large ziplock bags, that way he can just open the bag and dump it in the crock pot in the morning. Be careful though, some meals only need to cook for 3-4 hours, so that wouldn't work if he's gone for 8+ hours.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)