Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I want to get pregnant just to piss my family off.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 52 Replies

Okay, so the title is a bit misleading BUT, it is the truth.

DH and I have been married for almost 7 years. We have two daughters, that we had when we were teenagers (oldest DD is 6). We started off our life together with crappy retail jobs, no money to our names, and one car. Now, athough we still rent, we have a little bit of a savings, DH has a steady job with good pay and a good chance for a big raise and even a promotion come this spring. I have the ability to stay at home, although since both kids are in school now, I'd like to find a part time job just to bring in spending money/baby money and have something to do. We are not on any form of government assistance. We started talking back in October about having another baby, but decided we would wait until after the holidays and whatnot to start trying. I dropped hints to the inlaws about having another baby, and they ignored me. I flat out told my mom we were going to start trying for another baby and I swear she turned green. She made a smartass remark and I just walked away. Then at Christmas, we were playing a game, and, I cannot remember exactly what it was, but something came up about babies, and DH and I looked at each other and smiled, and MIL started going off about how I better not be pregnant, and she can't handle a third grandchild, blah blah. My parents later on said the same thing.

They treated me like shit during both of my previous pregnancies. Acted like us having children is a burden to them. Yes, both of our kids were unplanned, but they are the light of our lives, and our parents do treat them good, for the most part. I just wish they would actually be HAPPY for once. Maybe I've just got this idea of the perfect baby announcement in my head, where everyone would be happy, but it looks like it's going to be another "you're fucking up our life" moments.

So while DH and I want another baby and have for awhile now, I just really want to get pregnant as soon as possible just to piss them off.

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 2, 2013 at 9:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 9:17 PM
Great reason to have a child
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 2, 2013 at 9:17 PM
1 mom liked this
Okay, so it sounds a little better after the explanation...
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 2, 2013 at 9:19 PM

Did you read my post or just the title?

Quoting peanutsmommy1:

Great reason to have a child

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 2, 2013 at 9:20 PM
Sounds like you want great success for your children.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 2, 2013 at 9:21 PM

We do.

Quoting Anonymous:

Sounds like you want great success for your children.

jessimicuh
by Gold Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 9:23 PM
Keep your head up.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
scarlettsam
by Silver Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 9:23 PM
3 moms liked this
I get the temptation....family can be such a fucking nightmare of self centered bullshit....but don't have that negativity in your heart when creating a child. Have fun making it and good luck!!!
BoxxyBabee
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 9:23 PM

Do it

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 2, 2013 at 9:24 PM
Maybe you ask them to babysit too much? Or sponge off them too much? Or maybe just not the best parents? I can't imagine why both parents would be upset???!
Maks1mommy
by Ruby Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 9:25 PM
Damn, that's awful.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)