Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you only feed your children when they are hungry?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 50 Replies

My daughter hasn't came to me today and said she was hungry. She is 2 and she always say kiki im hungry and i would fix her something to eat. She had some rice not much and went and watched tv. I don'r want to seem like a bad mom but i also don't want to force her to eat if she doesn't want to.

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 2, 2013 at 9:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ShesALady
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 9:29 PM
1 mom liked this
I normally make them a small snack if they haven't eaten for a while, but aren't too hungry. Cut up apple or yogurt or something. Mine are almost always hungry though haha. They ask for food five minutes after they've eaten. P
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Lovemyfamilyof8
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 9:29 PM

Honestly, yes. I make 3 meals a day and they must sit at the table and try to eat! Kind of a must IMO

kmorales7690
by Ruby Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 9:30 PM
We have a set schedule! That's when they are fed!
silverdawn99
by Ruby Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 9:30 PM
1 mom liked this
I usually have a set schedule.breakfast, snack, lunch, snack, supper, and the snqck. Brush theteeth the bed
missamanda86
by Silver Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 9:30 PM

This is what I do except I will offer them a snack between lunch and dinner

Quoting Lovemyfamilyof8:

Honestly, yes. I make 3 meals a day and they must sit at the table and try to eat! Kind of a must IMO

AliKatAK47
by Meanie Pants on Jan. 2, 2013 at 9:31 PM
1 mom liked this

It wouldn't make sense to feed them when they aren't hungry. They won't eat it and then I'll be out of food.

Ichthus
by Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 9:31 PM

Kids go through phases where they eat everything they can get their hands on and then they'll go through phases of not being hungry very much. Is she always like this or is it a recent thing? Offer her some food and if she's hungry she'll eat. Unless she has been doing this a long time and she's not growing normally then I wouldn't worry.

Susan0805
by Platinum Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 9:31 PM
We have breakfast, lunch, dinner and sometimes snacks in between. My kids are always hungry...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
luvhubandbabys
by Silver Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 9:31 PM
3 meals at set times..they aren't forced to eat but its offered. I have 3 kids I can't be making meals multiple times a day so yes there are set times. It works.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ff-princess
by Platinum Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 9:32 PM
1 mom liked this

I serve three meals - breakfast, lunch, and dinner - whether they want them or not.  snacks I wait until I'm asked for before providing, because what they want changes by the minute.  sometimes they have snacks between meals, sometimes they don't.

they're 3 and 5, and I've always done it this way.  my MIL lets them graze all day so they never really eat a meal, because by the time lunch is served they've been nibbling for two hours.  but they know that doesn't happen at home.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured