Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My day.... pretty exciting

Posted by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 10:24 PM
  • 39 Replies
Tonight, I went to pick up my Mom, to come spend the night, I have several things to do early tomorrow so she is watching my dd.

Well while there I learn my cousin is pregnant. 4 months. She is on meth and also was drinking last week. Mot sure how much of either.

So she tried to get a abortion, but was to far along. So she still doesnt want the baby. It more than likely would be taken at birth either way by dfacs. So my other cousin asked her for the baby (she is also on drugs) and she said NO I am considering giving it to Jessica (me).

As many know I am a adoptive mom to 1 daughter (my only child). And my Dh and I have already planned to adopt again this yr, we have narrowed it down to foster care adoption. However if this situation turns out my Dh and I will most def take it. And in a yr or so adopt again through the state.

Here is my delimma.

I have done a bit of research and it says most Meth babies are ok, just ADHD in the long run, However FAS is the real threat.

Has anyone had a FAS (fetal alcohol syndrome) baby, or had alcohol in the first trimester and everything be ok.

Look forward to info

Jessica
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 10:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AdoptingMommy
by Gold Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 10:27 PM
1 mom liked this
bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
forgottenluv
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 10:28 PM

i know of a FAS baby , and  have other info  pm me if you would like

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 2, 2013 at 10:28 PM

My cousin gave birth to 3 perfectly healthy babies even though she drank like a fish. She has a 4th who has severe FAS. It really is a crap shoot.

opal10161973
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 10:28 PM

MY cousin has FAS and he is mentally very slow, has anger issues including outbursts, and cannot keep a relationship for very long.  The best thing he ever did was to learn how to weld, but has a really hard time staying employed for very long. 

jessistarr85
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 10:29 PM
1 mom liked this

Bump good luck love

Diamepphyre
by Ruby Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 10:29 PM
1 mom liked this

Sorry, I don't know much about this, but here's a bump for you.  *** Hugs ***

butterflyk1ssez
by Silver Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 10:29 PM

I drank with the first 9 weeks of DS1 because I had no idea - I took a pregnancy test which was negative an d then when I got no period two months later they confirmed I was 9 almost 10 weeks along. I moved/working two jobs so it was hard on me to NOT realize I was pregnant and I was severely upset about it thinking I ruined him and may have issues because I was so unaware and busy. He is a perfectly well adjusted, typical three year old boy who brightens my life every.single.day. He has no problems whatsoever and he is nearing four. 

But, every case isn't the same.

I hope it works out for you!

Pregnancy Ticker

AdensMommy1107
by Emerald Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 10:29 PM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
2cutepatootsmom
by Bronze Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 10:29 PM
Sorry no. I hope you get the information you're needing though.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
AdoptingMommy
by Gold Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 10:29 PM
doing now:) thank you

Quoting forgottenluv:

i know of a FAS baby , and  have other info  pm me if you would like

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)