Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I asked my mom to bring home some milk and she gets an attitude.

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
I buy the groceries ALL the time. She spends her money on alcohol and idk what else. I'm currently not working an the only money I get is child support and i have some saved up from when i was working. I'll go back to work after I have the baby...

Anyway she calls me saying she's leaving work soon. I tell he we need milk. She's gets this pissy attitude. Well excuse me...I seem to recall you eating the food I bought. And drinking the milk. No reason you can't pick up a gallon in your way home.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 2, 2013 at 10:25 PM
Replies (51-60):
Aleta775
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 11:17 PM

Oh for cripes sake! Get off it! LOL. It wasn't THAT big of a request. It is not like she asked her mom to bring home the Holy Grail. :D 

Quoting LilBabyVulcan:

And my point being you live off of child support and don't work. I'm sure she's more tired at the end of the day than you are. Get off your butt and go to the store yourself. If she doesn't feel like going, YOU are more than capable of going. 

Quoting Anonymous:

My point being she has no bills to pay and lives at my house for free. I never ask her to do anything. The one time I ask her to pick something up she gets pissed over it. She works right next door the store. No reason for her to drive all the way home just so I can drive out to where she just was then drive back home. Why waste gas when it takes 5 seconds to walk from her work to the front door of the grocery store. And not even 5 mins total to buy a $4 gallon of milk.

Quoting LilBabyVulcan:

Your point being? Maybe she doesn't feel like running to the store and getting milk right now. You don't work, it would not kill you to wait until she's home, borrow the car, and run to a store and get milk. 

Quoting Anonymous:

The store she works at is literally right next door to the grocery store.

Quoting LilBabyVulcan:

Maybe she's tired. Maybe she had a bad day. How hard would it be for you to wait until she's home and ask to use her car, and run to the store. Let her get home and get off her feet, ffs. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Because the only working car is hers. If I had a way to get out today then obviously I would have gotten it myself. But it seems silly to me to walk to the store in the cold with my DS when she can take 5 mins on her way home and pic some up.

Quoting LilBabyVulcan:

You don't work, why don't YOU go out and get milk instead of waiting until your mom is on her way home to get her to do it. 

LilBabyVulcan
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 11:17 PM

My question is, did she call after she had already passed the store? If so, I can understand the frustration at having to turn around and go back. If not, I can still kind of understand. Her mom could have had a shitty day, and could just be ready to come home. If she has that much of a problem with her, she needs to kick her out.

Quoting parentalrights1:

Quoting LilBabyVulcan:
or since mommy is living in her daughters house eating food that she doesn't contribute to, she can take a few minutes to grab milk. Why does she get a free pass to act like an asshole Jo can't do a small favor? This site amazes me with the attitude that one person has to do everything while the freeloader gets defended for being as difficult as possible.

Not to mention what a waste if gas to drive all the way home and have the car driven all the way back

LilBabyVulcan
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 11:21 PM

Then honestly, if she's that bad, then you need to either sit her down and discuss her attitude with her, or kick her out. Arguing and getting mad about it is not going to get her to pick up the milk. You're going to have to get it yourself if she's as bad as you say. And honestly, if she can't contribute, then you need to get her to leave, imo. 

Sorry if I sound rude or anything, I really don't mean to. I literally burned the hell out of my hand on a bowl of soup about 3 seconds before you posted this. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting LilBabyVulcan:

Charmedby3
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 11:21 PM
Agreed op!!!
I see nothing wrong with u asking. These ladies need a grip!

Quoting Anonymous:

My point being she has no bills to pay and lives at my house for free. I never ask her to do anything. The one time I ask her to pick something up she gets pissed over it. She works right next door the store. No reason for her to drive all the way home just so I can drive out to where she just was then drive back home. Why waste gas when it takes 5 seconds to walk from her work to the front door of the grocery store. And not even 5 mins total to buy a $4 gallon of milk.

Quoting LilBabyVulcan:

Your point being? Maybe she doesn't feel like running to the store and getting milk right now. You don't work, it would not kill you to wait until she's home, borrow the car, and run to a store and get milk. 

Quoting Anonymous:

The store she works at is literally right next door to the grocery store.

Quoting LilBabyVulcan:

Maybe she's tired. Maybe she had a bad day. How hard would it be for you to wait until she's home and ask to use her car, and run to the store. Let her get home and get off her feet, ffs. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Because the only working car is hers. If I had a way to get out today then obviously I would have gotten it myself. But it seems silly to me to walk to the store in the cold with my DS when she can take 5 mins on her way home and pic some up.

Quoting LilBabyVulcan:

You don't work, why don't YOU go out and get milk instead of waiting until your mom is on her way home to get her to do it. 

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Bird16_J
by Gold Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 11:24 PM

If she's living with you kick her bitchy ass out then. Or tell her when she goes to eat something, sorry you didn't buy that go to the store and buy your own damn food. Seriously what a bitch. I've been exhausted after work and ready to just plop down and not move but I've stopped at the store when I know the kiddo's need something. Seriously she's acting like an asshole

Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on Jan. 2, 2013 at 11:26 PM

She is just crabby because there you are- pg, still living with her.. with a SECOND kid on the way????? You did say you get  child support and "after I have the baby".....

I would be SUPER CRABBY WITH YOU TOO.   I'd probably run way from home also.  Gosh.. MOVE OUT.  then you mom won't be a problem

babiegurl47
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 11:30 PM
Its ops house. So everything you just said is wrong.

Quoting Anonymous:

She is just crabby because there you are- pg, still living with her.. with a SECOND kid on the way????? You did say you get  child support and "after I have the baby".....

I would be SUPER CRABBY WITH YOU TOO.   I'd probably run way from home also.  Gosh.. MOVE OUT.  then you mom won't be a problem

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
banana-bear
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 11:30 PM
1 mom liked this
Holy shit, learn to read. OP pays the bills, mom uses money for herself and none goes towards the household, the house belongs to OP, mom moved in with her.

Quoting Anonymous:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on Jan. 2, 2013 at 11:30 PM

oh.. she is living WITH YOU at your place??????   then, don't move out= make HER move out?

She's an alchie.. I guess I see why you are troubled too.. better learn from her and stop getting PG? stop looking for mr. goodbar?  kids just add to your woes.. you know?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 2, 2013 at 11:31 PM
Can you not read? I said she called and said she was leaving work soon. So 1, I didn't call her. And 2, since she hasn't even left work work it she hadn't passed it.

Quoting LilBabyVulcan:

My question is, did she call after she had already passed the store? If so, I can understand the frustration at having to turn around and go back. If not, I can still kind of understand. Her mom could have had a shitty day, and could just be ready to come home. If she has that much of a problem with her, she needs to kick her out.

Quoting parentalrights1:

Quoting LilBabyVulcan:
or since mommy is living in her daughters house eating food that she doesn't contribute to, she can take a few minutes to grab milk. Why does she get a free pass to act like an asshole Jo can't do a small favor? This site amazes me with the attitude that one person has to do everything while the freeloader gets defended for being as difficult as possible.

Not to mention what a waste if gas to drive all the way home and have the car driven all the way back

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN