Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I asked my mom to bring home some milk and she gets an attitude.

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
I buy the groceries ALL the time. She spends her money on alcohol and idk what else. I'm currently not working an the only money I get is child support and i have some saved up from when i was working. I'll go back to work after I have the baby...

Anyway she calls me saying she's leaving work soon. I tell he we need milk. She's gets this pissy attitude. Well excuse me...I seem to recall you eating the food I bought. And drinking the milk. No reason you can't pick up a gallon in your way home.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 2, 2013 at 10:25 PM
Replies (61-70):
skittlefart
by Taste the Rainbow on Jan. 2, 2013 at 11:31 PM

I'm sorry but I'm laughing my ass over here on all the snooty tooty comments from bitches saying you shouldn't whine over getting a piss poor attitude over buying a gallon of milk to replace the one she drank. I know for sure that they would all be in the same position if they asked politely for someone to pick some up on their way back and they got the butt instead of a "sure." 
Either that or living at their houses must be fucking fantastic to live there, eat/drink whatever and not have to contribute back.

Seriously though, in our house the way it works is if you were the person to finish the majority of something, you pick up the replacement unless you absolutely can't and then you just pick it up next time. Everything is pretty much shared here besides take out food. It's getting expensive these days, so we do each other a favor by helping one another out. 

100_3402_zpscc9632ae-1_zps98432025
Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
deepthinker
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 11:31 PM

No there isn't anything wrong with her asking, but there isn't anything wrong with her mom having an attitude. She could very well be tired and just didn't want to stop. Everyone calling the mother a bitch and telling her to kick her out out over milk isn't exactly logical either. 

Not to mention, she says her mom works at a store next door.  She also said she was 32, so her mom is probably 50+ years old.  I would think a 50+ year old woman working in a store is probably tired, and genuinely was really just wanting to go home and relax.

I also don't recall her saying her mom didn't get the milk, just said she had an attitude about it.

Quoting Charmedby3:

Agreed op!!!
I see nothing wrong with u asking. These ladies need a grip!

Alyssa1988-21
by Gold Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 11:33 PM
I totally agree with this

Quoting babiegurl47:

I'm sorry but mom can buy the damn milk. Shes freeloading at her daughters house.

Quoting LilBabyVulcan:

Your point being? Maybe she doesn't feel like running to the store and getting milk right now. You don't work, it would not kill you to wait until she's home, borrow the car, and run to a store and get milk. 

Quoting Anonymous:

The store she works at is literally right next door to the grocery store.

Quoting LilBabyVulcan:

Maybe she's tired. Maybe she had a bad day. How hard would it be for you to wait until she's home and ask to use her car, and run to the store. Let her get home and get off her feet, ffs. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Because the only working car is hers. If I had a way to get out today then obviously I would have gotten it myself. But it seems silly to me to walk to the store in the cold with my DS when she can take 5 mins on her way home and pic some up.

Quoting LilBabyVulcan:

You don't work, why don't YOU go out and get milk instead of waiting until your mom is on her way home to get her to do it. 

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 2, 2013 at 11:35 PM
And who said this was my 2nd kid?

Quoting Anonymous:

She is just crabby because there you are- pg, still living with her.. with a SECOND kid on the way????? You did say you get  child support and "after I have the baby".....

I would be SUPER CRABBY WITH YOU TOO.   I'd probably run way from home also.  Gosh.. MOVE OUT.  then you mom won't be a problem

Charmedby3
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 11:37 PM
I never said she was a bitch or that op should kick her out .. I can understand bad days and being tired! But gezz she is RIGHT THERE!!!!

I didn't get out of work till almost 1 am most nights but you bet your ass if we needed something I stopped and got it!! Or DH would stop on his way home! It just common curtsey (sp)

Quoting deepthinker:

No there isn't anything wrong with her asking, but there isn't anything wrong with her mom having an attitude. She could very well be tired and just didn't want to stop. Everyone calling the mother a bitch and telling her to kick her out out over milk isn't exactly logical either. 

Not to mention, she says her mom works at a store next door.  She also said she was 32, so her mom is probably 50+ years old.  I would think a 50+ year old woman working in a store is probably tired, and genuinely was really just wanting to go home and relax.

I also don't recall her saying her mom didn't get the milk, just said she had an attitude about it.

Quoting Charmedby3:

Agreed op!!!

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
deepthinker
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 11:46 PM

Quoting Charmedby3:

I never said she was a bitch or that op should kick her out .. I can understand bad days and being tired! But gezz she is RIGHT THERE!!!!

I didn't get out of work till almost 1 am most nights but you bet your ass if we needed something I stopped and got it!! Or DH would stop on his way home! It just common curtsey (sp)

Quoting deepthinker:

Quoting Charmedby3:

Agreed op!!!

I didn't say you called her a bitch, but since you were referring to the women here and their comments, I referred to other women and THEIR comments. It's also very easy to say what you would do and what you feel like, but we don't know how a 50+ year old woman feels after work. Like I said before as well.  She never said her mother didn't get it, just that she had an attitude about.  If she was tired she could have very well just was irked that she had to go to the store, but still got it anyway.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 2, 2013 at 11:50 PM
She's 52.

Quoting deepthinker:

Quoting Charmedby3:

Agreed op!!!

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 2, 2013 at 11:51 PM
Yea, I'm definitely not kicking her out over this. Lol. Just venting.

Quoting skittlefart:

I'm sorry but I'm laughing my ass over here on all the snooty tooty comments from bitches saying you shouldn't whine over getting a piss poor attitude over buying a gallon of milk to replace the one she drank. I know for sure that they would all be in the same position if they asked politely for someone to pick some up on their way back and they got the butt instead of a "sure." 
Either that or living at their houses must be fucking fantastic to live there, eat/drink whatever and not have to contribute back.

Seriously though, in our house the way it works is if you were the person to finish the majority of something, you pick up the replacement unless you absolutely can't and then you just pick it up next time. Everything is pretty much shared here besides take out food. It's getting expensive these days, so we do each other a favor by helping one another out. 

skittlefart
by Taste the Rainbow on Jan. 2, 2013 at 11:52 PM

omg, I could only imagine her face and the kind of attitude you'd get from her if you told her she had to pack her bags because she didn't buy milk...lmao...

Quoting Anonymous:

Yea, I'm definitely not kicking her out over this. Lol. Just venting.

Quoting skittlefart:

100_3402_zpscc9632ae-1_zps98432025
Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
Mamabear010
by Gold Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 11:52 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting banana-bear:

I'm sorry but I can't believe you guys are suggesting that OP kick out her mother over giving an attitude about picking up milk. Talk to her about it and tell her what you expect of her.

Whaaaaat? Act like an adult on CM?! That's crazy talk. Have you gotten into the rum again?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured