Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

What do you think of Moms who don't teach their kids how to cook?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 26 Replies

isn't that a Mom or Dad's job to teach their kids main skills they'll use when they're older? What do you think?

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 2, 2013 at 10:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
firespurity
by Ruby Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 10:41 PM

My mother taught me how to make macaroni from a box.. I had to learn so much on my own. She didn't know how to cook herself. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 2, 2013 at 10:41 PM
1 mom liked this
You need a new hobby, lady...seriously...
beerebelly
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 10:42 PM

My mom didn't teach me. However I did watch and see what she was up to from time to time. Some of the things I make now is because of what she made. I am a great cook too.

ColtsFan1912
by FriendoftheFoot on Jan. 2, 2013 at 10:42 PM

whoever cooks the best.

Both my parents taught me a little bit but none of them cooked much. I taught myself mostly. I am teaching both my kids right now.

Josie_P

My parents never taught me to cook. I was spoiled. I cook now, sometimes, but it's still a rare occasion. My dh really enjoys cooking. He alway says if he wasn't doing what he's doing now, he'd be a chef. So yeah :)

PEEK05

My mom never taught me. I had a hard time learning how to cook. It was awful.

My daughter will be 4 next month and while she doesn't know HOW to cook, she LOVES helping. :)

MomtoLou
My mother never taught me how to cook, I'm a horrible cook still. I plan on having dh teach our kids. He's got serious kitchen skills
ColtsFan1912
by FriendoftheFoot on Jan. 2, 2013 at 10:42 PM

oh i misread the question.

oh well.

TAG_ur_it
by Platinum Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 10:42 PM

my son is 12 and knows how to make eggs, pancakes, spaghetti, tea, and hamburgers (plus a number of microwave items).  i let him help every time he asks. 

keriley1
by Silver Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 10:42 PM

I don't really think about it, but I think its whoever is a better cook's job to teach the kids how to cook. Sometimes the guy is a way better cook. I know my dad much better then my mom. My DF can barely make toast to save his life tho.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)