Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

So, I admit it. I screwed up.

Posted by   + Show Post
I didn't mention this earlier because I wasn't sure how I was going to handle it. I had posted before how I let my son go with my ex's sister who is a former drug addict and has a history of alcoholism. He is 17 and wanted to spend time with his grandpa because he is very ill and not likely to live much longer. I felt it would be wrong to tell him at his age that he could not spend time with his family no matter how much I do not like my ex-SIL. I was already pissed because she said she would only keep him one week and she kept him two weeks.

Tonight, when we were having our talk about me being suspicious that he was smoking, he admitted to me that he smoked pot with his aunt. He was scared to admit it to me because he knows I would be mad at her. He made it a point to tell me he chose to do it. I explained to him that she was the adult (35 years old) in the situation and it never should have happened.

I just texted her and said:

You would think after losing your own kids because you couldn't stay clean that you would be smart enough to not contribute to a minor. I knew better than to trust you with my child. Do not contact my kids via phone, FB, or otherwise or I will report you to CPS and the police. That is if I do not decide to do it anyway. It is in your best interest to remove them from your FB. You will be lucky if I do not report you.

She has not responded.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 11:45 PM
Replies (151-160):
D.O.E.
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 10:20 AM

whoooaaaaa......that is really uncalled for! of course you had to go anon......wuss.

Quoting Anonymous:

You are such an awesome mom,  you should write parenting books and stuff!  I'm so g;ad you're bringing another child into the world to fuck up since your almost done screwing up the ones you already have!

priceless3238
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 10:21 AM

As soon as I get on my computer I would be happy to post some. I can access my schools medical database from my phone so it is not much help 

Quoting lnrmom:

You're the one who said it. Show me some real scientific research that its not addictive.

Quoting priceless3238:

If you are mentally addicted you can have withdrawal like symptoms. This also happens sometimes when people who have an Internet addiction are forced away from the Internet. Are they physically addicted to the internet? No, but the brain can make them have the symptoms. Please find one real scientific research that shows that marijuana is physically addictive 

Quoting lnrmom:

Oh is it now? So the people I know who smoke daily and get physically aggitated if they do not have it is all a lie? Ok.. gotcha.

Quoting priceless3238:

Actually it is a scientific fact that you can NOT get physically addicted to marijuana. Mentally addicted? Yes but you can get mentally addicted to anything including tv, internet, food etc 

Quoting lnrmom:

Anyone who says you cannot get physically addicted to MJ is crazy. I have seen it. But it takes a LOT longer than 1 time.

Quoting priceless3238:

Go to rehab? For what? You can NOT get physically addicted to  marijuana rehab would be pointless. Would you send him to rehab if he had a video game "addiction" or something like that?

D.O.E.
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 10:22 AM

Trouser, he is 17. there are so much worse things he could be doing, kwim? imo, even drinking is worse. 

your SIL shouldn't have done what she did, we can all see that. but your ds is at an age where he is going to be making his own choices regarding his life, some of them, you're not going to like.

i think it is admirable that he fessed up and came clean to you though.

a lot of kids wouldn't do that.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 3, 2013 at 10:23 AM

heres a thought for you.

would you preffer he smoked with a random starger? what about a drug dealer trying to lure him into heavier things? how about someone trying to drug him, either to rape him, or te steal from him...

I am asking you this, because it is the reaason why I openly, talked to my sister the first time I qwanted to smoke weed. I asked her what it looked like. snce I was 13 and she was in college. she then admitted to smoking it herself, and told me, that she would prefer if it was HER giving it to me, and showing me what it was, than any of the above mentioned examples.

and passign it forward, I have been the supplier f weed to my cousins. and before you bash me. there was a guy who was trying to get my cousin to take a pill.. telling her it was pot. she came to me, and I explaine dot  her its not  pill. and showed her how to smoke.

is she hadnt com to me seeking advice GOD knows what would have happened to her, or what the guy was trying to get her to take.

she was going to do it anyway, so why not provide a safe enviroment for her?

I was going to do it regardless ofwhat my sister gave me or didnt give me. and I am thank full that she provided a fun, safe enviroment for me to get high on.

fraujones
by Mommytron on Jan. 3, 2013 at 10:28 AM

I'm sure she hasn't responded. She doesn't want to incriminate herself. I do get why you are pissed. It's just awful that she has lost her own children because of her addiction. 

I wouldn't post about my son smoking pot online. It's evidence that your son has done something illegal. What if someone uses it against your family?

I believe marijuana should be legalized for adults. Alcohol can be more devastating and it's legal.

tossed
by Platinum Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 11:33 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting TrouserMouse:

No, he didn't say that.

Quoting tossed:

Quoting TrouserMouse:

The only way he could be around his dying grandfather was to be around her. It was something important to him.  When his grandmother died, he did not deal with it well at all.  There is no way I was going to deny him spending time with him when it was a choice he made.

I didn't violate his trust because he understood where I was coming from as a parent and was well aware that I was going to say something to her.

Quoting tossed:

You were making progress and he was opening up to you. Now, he will know you confronted her and violated his trust in you. I really think you should have just kept him and your other minor kids away from her. At this point, you can't prove that they smoked pot even if you report them. You knew her history and let him go with her...you have your own guilt in this situation. Why should your son talk to you about anything now?

You knew her history and did not make other arrangements. She kept him for 2 weeks...maybe she could have kept it together for a couple of days, but to expect it for 2 weeks is unrealistic. According to you, he said he understands a parent's concerns, Now, you have proven that if he comes to you with a concern, you will go after the person...he told you he had not previously told you because he knew you would be mad at her and he was clear that it was his choice. In most states, he would be beyong the age of consent and if he was involved in a crime, which he was, he would be tried as an adult. Good luck with him talking to you in the future. 

You said, "He was scared to admit it to me because he knows I would be mad at her." 

MyGirlsAbbyLiz
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 1:16 PM
I will teach them what's right and wrong. Put isn't one of them.

Quoting Anonymous:

really? I feel bad for your kids futures if that is your outlook. As a parent you have to teach your chidlren that pot is no good. you have to teach them that they shouldn't  be doing that. 

Quoting MyGirlsAbbyLiz:

Its just pot

mom_3.0
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 2:27 PM
So using drugs is not something discussed In your family?

Quoting MyGirlsAbbyLiz:

Quoting Anonymous:

really? I feel bad for your kids futures if that is your outlook. As a parent you have to teach your chidlren that pot is no good. you have to teach them that they shouldn't  be doing that. 

Quoting MyGirlsAbbyLiz:

Its just pot

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
April620
by Ruby Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 2:40 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

I was right! I knew it was pot lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MyGirlsAbbyLiz
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 3:46 PM
Using pot won't, others yes

Quoting mom_3.0:

So using drugs is not something discussed In your family?

Quoting MyGirlsAbbyLiz:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting MyGirlsAbbyLiz:

Its just pot

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)