Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

So, I admit it. I screwed up.

Posted by   + Show Post
I didn't mention this earlier because I wasn't sure how I was going to handle it. I had posted before how I let my son go with my ex's sister who is a former drug addict and has a history of alcoholism. He is 17 and wanted to spend time with his grandpa because he is very ill and not likely to live much longer. I felt it would be wrong to tell him at his age that he could not spend time with his family no matter how much I do not like my ex-SIL. I was already pissed because she said she would only keep him one week and she kept him two weeks.

Tonight, when we were having our talk about me being suspicious that he was smoking, he admitted to me that he smoked pot with his aunt. He was scared to admit it to me because he knows I would be mad at her. He made it a point to tell me he chose to do it. I explained to him that she was the adult (35 years old) in the situation and it never should have happened.

I just texted her and said:

You would think after losing your own kids because you couldn't stay clean that you would be smart enough to not contribute to a minor. I knew better than to trust you with my child. Do not contact my kids via phone, FB, or otherwise or I will report you to CPS and the police. That is if I do not decide to do it anyway. It is in your best interest to remove them from your FB. You will be lucky if I do not report you.

She has not responded.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 11:45 PM
Replies (21-30):
Ollie123
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 12:07 AM
Quoting Anonymous:

What do you smoke in a hookah? I am just curious. I had friends that smoked pot out of one. But I guess you can get special tobacco for it too.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 3, 2013 at 12:08 AM
1 mom liked this
hookas dont always involve weed my dear

Quoting Ollie123:

I thought your husband let your son smoke from a hookah. Did you turn him in?

TrouserMouse
by Emerald Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 12:08 AM
I don't think hookah is illegal. I dont really know much about it. My oldedt son said what they were putting in it was not pot or tobacco. Plus, I already said that I never actually saw my 17 year old doing it. It belonged to my 19 year old. I saw pics of my oldest son and a bunch of his friends doing it.

Quoting Ollie123:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 3, 2013 at 12:09 AM
She made a post about that too. She wants to drive people nuts, or something along those lines. Where's the meme, mouse?

Quoting Anonymous:

Why do you feel the need to post every aspect of your life with your sons on here??

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 3, 2013 at 12:10 AM
Lol, I thought she meant hookers.

Quoting Ollie123:

luckysevenwow
by Platinum Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 12:11 AM

I wouldn't be happy with the ex-sil either. However, you sent your son knowing that she had an issue, so you hold 1/3 of the responsibility, your ex-sil holds 1/3 and your son holds the other.

I get it, I do, but the only person I hold responsible when my children do something stupid; is my children. I don't give a crap what others are or aren't doing they know what is right and they know what is wrong. So while ex-sil may have provided an oppurtunity, your son made the choice to smoke it.

Ollie123
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 12:11 AM
Quoting Anonymous:

I know. But it's not a long stretch to go from smoking tobacco in a hookah to smoking some weed is it my dear?
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 3, 2013 at 12:11 AM
1 mom liked this

You sure seem to have a lot of problems in life.  Why do you consistently feel the need to post them in the open for the rest of the world?  what validation does that give you?  Have you ever had a problem you didn't blast to the world?  You are a grown woman, you need to start to learn to handle your own problems.  Especially for someone who seemingly has as many as you do.

Ollie123
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 12:12 AM
Quoting Anonymous:

Bow that would have been a good time. Lol
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 3, 2013 at 12:12 AM
so its okay to listen to music all day about smokin weed, but then you get upset when he actually tries it? common sense missed you didnt it
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured