Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

sometimes my mom is so irresponsible

Posted by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 12:57 AM
  • 21 Replies
As a kid she never cared about getting me to the doctor or keeping track of illnesses/shots/injuries. Well I am getting my ducks in a row to register for school in the fall when my course is offered and it requires shots. So I call her and low and behold she doesn't have a shot record and didn't even remember my pediatrician...ugh. So I call the local health department in my home town and they have record of it there...but I have to go in person and sign a release paper for them to give it to me. I told the lady I understood their procedure and that it is there for my safety but I'm nine hours away. Not like I can drive across town. So after being on hold for about six minutes her supervisor tells me I can fax the release over with a copy of my drivers license and they can mail it to me. Thank God. He also told me it takes three to four weeks to process since it will be mailed. Good thing I'm getting this taken care of 8+ months early. Thanks mom!! ugh
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 12:57 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 3, 2013 at 12:59 AM
My mom is too, she's 51 and still so irresponsible. I love my mom but my life goal is to be nothing like her.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 3, 2013 at 12:59 AM
1 mom liked this
Seriously? My mom was/is awesome and I doubt she could have remembered that.
Aleta775
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 1:04 AM

My mom was 50/50. There were times that she was really on top of things, and then other times she wasn't. I still don't understand it. 

AnastasiaKorsh
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 1:05 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

Seriously? My mom was/is awesome and I doubt she could have remembered that.

luckysevenwow
by Platinum Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 1:08 AM
1 mom liked this

My mom was pretty on top of things and I know she doesn't have my shot records anymore. I remember who my doctor was, but they've been out of practice for many, many years.

NewMamaBoo
by Platinum Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 1:08 AM
Eyeyey that suks!
Lunarprancer
by Betsy on Jan. 3, 2013 at 1:09 AM
My mom would laugh at me if I asked her for my shot record, lol, please.
melakay1981
by Platinum Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 1:10 AM

My mom probably would not know much of that information either.  I do not consider her irresponsible just very forgetful.  I have all my daughters medical records in nice neat folders because she has cancer and I have to know where everything is at all times.  My son is 100% healthy so I am not too good with his stuff.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 3, 2013 at 1:12 AM
My mom moved us around so much I have no idea where I could find any of that info. That is why I make sure I know where everything is for my kids.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 3, 2013 at 1:13 AM

my dad is VERY responsible- i mean, he has our birth certificates packed and ready, all of our passports (me and my sister are citizens in two countries- but he has his, the three kids, plus my sons!) packed and ready. he organizes his batteries for pete's sake! he has like 10 filing cabinets for all his paperwork

but when it comes to those- he has no idea. wouldnt even know where to look. lol poor guy.

good thing you're getting a jump start on it. when i went to school, i decided to go on a wednesday. that following Monday, was my first day

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)