Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Baby gasping for air help? *update*

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 122 Replies
My baby has had a barking cough all day. He's sleeping now and he will cough then gasp for air. It's like a wraspy gasp if that makes sense. He does it then he's fine for a while but then he will do it again.

Update: last night I took him outside for 5 minutes and it didn't seem to help. I steamed up the bathroom and it didn't seem to help. I have him some water again it didn't help. I went and cleaned out my car so we could go. I came back and his breathing was clear again. So I decided to put him back to sleep. He slept until 9am when his breathing got bad again. I took him to the doctor this afternoon and he listened to his chest and he said it was clear. He suggested I use a humidifier (bought one) and some tylonal. I wasn't to happy that he didn't even take his temperature nor blinked an eye when I said he couldn't breath last night but I figured if his chest was clear it wasn't serious. I went out and bought a humidifier, Vicks vapour rub and some tylonal. Hopefully my baby boy will better soon.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 3, 2013 at 1:02 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 3, 2013 at 1:03 AM
1 mom liked this
ER.

Derrrrrr.
Ninjabubble
by Platinum Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 1:04 AM
Please watch him very closely! My DS did this then couldn't breathe and I found him almost dead.

I don't mean to scare you!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hopeym23
by J3 on Jan. 3, 2013 at 1:04 AM

Whooping cough?  Take him in.

opinionatedmom
by Platinum Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 1:05 AM
3 moms liked this

911 mom sounds like asthma or rsv. what the hell are you doing on the computer if he is doing this

ballerossandra
by Silver Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 1:05 AM
In need of breathing treatment?
Grandma.grandma
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 1:05 AM
This asap

Quoting hopeym23:

Whooping cough?  Take him in.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
aniters
by Silver Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 1:05 AM
1 mom liked this
that was going on with DS a few months ago. we got scared because he stopped breathing and took him to the ER. they just sent us back home. take him to the ER. better safe than sorry :)
hlzcmjzajz
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 1:05 AM
Sounds like croup, my dd had it over Christmas... Better to get him to a dr ASAP!
captaincw322
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 1:06 AM
Im going with croup, but depending on his age, id probably be going to the er. Better safe and paranoid, then sorry. :-( good luck!
FIREFOX1336
by Silver Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 1:06 AM
Er, 911, now
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured