Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Baby gasping for air help? *update*

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
My baby has had a barking cough all day. He's sleeping now and he will cough then gasp for air. It's like a wraspy gasp if that makes sense. He does it then he's fine for a while but then he will do it again.

Update: last night I took him outside for 5 minutes and it didn't seem to help. I steamed up the bathroom and it didn't seem to help. I have him some water again it didn't help. I went and cleaned out my car so we could go. I came back and his breathing was clear again. So I decided to put him back to sleep. He slept until 9am when his breathing got bad again. I took him to the doctor this afternoon and he listened to his chest and he said it was clear. He suggested I use a humidifier (bought one) and some tylonal. I wasn't to happy that he didn't even take his temperature nor blinked an eye when I said he couldn't breath last night but I figured if his chest was clear it wasn't serious. I went out and bought a humidifier, Vicks vapour rub and some tylonal. Hopefully my baby boy will better soon.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 3, 2013 at 1:02 AM
Replies (121-122):
Mikeswifee85
by Member on Jan. 4, 2013 at 1:20 AM

Sounds like croup to me, take him to the E.R. asap so the poor lil guy can feel better!! Good luck! :)

TranquilMind
by Ruby Member on Jan. 4, 2013 at 1:24 AM

ER or clinic immediately.  . He may have whooping cough. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)