Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Baby gasping for air help? *update*

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
My baby has had a barking cough all day. He's sleeping now and he will cough then gasp for air. It's like a wraspy gasp if that makes sense. He does it then he's fine for a while but then he will do it again.

Update: last night I took him outside for 5 minutes and it didn't seem to help. I steamed up the bathroom and it didn't seem to help. I have him some water again it didn't help. I went and cleaned out my car so we could go. I came back and his breathing was clear again. So I decided to put him back to sleep. He slept until 9am when his breathing got bad again. I took him to the doctor this afternoon and he listened to his chest and he said it was clear. He suggested I use a humidifier (bought one) and some tylonal. I wasn't to happy that he didn't even take his temperature nor blinked an eye when I said he couldn't breath last night but I figured if his chest was clear it wasn't serious. I went out and bought a humidifier, Vicks vapour rub and some tylonal. Hopefully my baby boy will better soon.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 3, 2013 at 1:02 AM
Replies (31-40):
Kaya529
by Platinum Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 1:10 AM
911, er, anything but CM.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
wife_and_mommy
by Bronze Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 1:10 AM

get off the internet and take him to the er! better safe than sorry

gcstar42
by Gold Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 1:10 AM

I would be going to the ER. Breathing issues in babies can be very serious and since he can't talk yet he can't tell you how bad he really feels.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Jan. 3, 2013 at 1:11 AM
WHY IN THE WORLD YOU ARE POSTING HERE AND NOT LOOKING FOR A REAL MEDICAL RESOURCE!
sthflachk
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 1:11 AM
Call your pediatrician and go to the er.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Jan. 3, 2013 at 1:12 AM

ER NOW DONT WAIT!!

BraydensMama163
by Ruby Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 1:12 AM
You need to get him to the er now. It could be rsv or a bad case of the crud. This happened when DS was a baby and I took him in. They had to give him two shots to open his air way and kept him on oxygen overnight and he had to do breathing treatments for two weeks.

Again get him to the er now!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kleotide
by Silver Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 1:12 AM

D O C T O R

momto2crazykids
by Silver Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 1:12 AM

er right away sounds like whooping cough

Ninjabubble
by Platinum Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 1:12 AM
Where are you at? My son had the rsv shot, gets another this month, and his doctors haven't said anything about it yet. If its really that bad, we have to keep him quarantined at home :(

Quoting cadditalbrat:

sounds like RSV my son was in the ICU for a week because of it. The dr's said it's been hitting kids hard this year. Take him to the ER

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)