Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Holy Sheet, Ghosts!!!!

Posted by   + Show Post

Ok, So I work alone as a night auditor for a hotel.  All night long our cameras act up, they go hazy, the motion detectors go off, one time I got a call from the pool AFTER I had locked it up.  JUST NOW, sitting here on CM (because there is NOTHING to do)the shredder started going off.  It creeps the SHIT out of me.  Sorry for swearing, but the hotel owner who lives here is in India for the rest of the month and I hate working 3rds because Imall alone.  I have mace but Im pretty sure that wont stop a ghost =/

I refuse to walk by the pool now...

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 2:01 AM
Replies (31-40):
horseap
by Gold Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 3:31 AM

No one has ever died here.  Were 12 years old.  The land was bought just for this hotel.  There have only ever been a handful of murders in the whole town the last one being the only one(I believe) in 2012 and it was a group of kids in the morning before school and the had a gun and it accidentally went off killing one of the boys.  Suicide is more common but never here in the hotel.

Quoting Jeanetts:

Sorry. I live in Missoula. Soooo many places are named after the indians that got screwed. This whole country sits on land that was taken from Native Americans, far too much of it in a bloody, messy way. My son in about half Natve and part Blackfeet. One of the most savage vicious indian tribes in America. The things they did to their captives would make you sick. But they had their ways and their beliefs and they respected the earth and nature, so not so many bad repercussions. Not until the white man came and threw things off balance with nature.

The haunting would have to be white man caused. If the indians gave up their land, even though they got screwed, they wouldn't curse the place. Look more at the hotel's history.

horseap
by Gold Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 3:32 AM

That would be MUCH more doable than salt

Quoting cjsix:

Get some Holy Water and sprinkle it around each area of the hotel as you walk around and around the outside of the building and even the property lines.

pampire
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 3:32 AM

Try burning some sage smudge sticks and telling the ghost that it is time for them to move on now and be at peace.

horseap
by Gold Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 3:34 AM
1 mom liked this

Uhh super sensitive smoke alarms.  I dont think guests would like that too much =/

Quoting pampire:

Try burning some sage smudge sticks and telling the ghost that it is time for them to move on now and be at peace.

pampire
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 3:55 AM

I kinda thought that would be a problem.  When something odd happens, just calmly and firmly tell them it's time to move on.

Quoting horseap:

Uhh super sensitive smoke alarms.  I dont think guests would like that too much =/

Quoting pampire:

NBean311
by Chivette on Jan. 3, 2013 at 3:58 AM
My house is haunted, I swear. I was creeped out at first, but I've made peace with it.
I realize this makes me sound crazy, but what can I say, I believe!
Midbrain
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 4:01 AM

Ignore what's going on...  The more you acknowldege them.. the more they will mess with you because they know you are aware!!!!!  Unless these are just residual type of ghosts, then they are just doing their thing not even aware of you...  yay for ghosts!!!!!

horseap
by Gold Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 4:04 AM

Our house too, but Im almost 100% sure its hubbys cousin =/ Long story short... we rent hubbys uncles house and at 1 point in time the family was SUPER close.  THIS uncle found the cousin who hung himself in his families front yard.  The sister(hubbys aunt) wanted the tree gone.  SOOOO hubbys uncle brought the wood to our NOW house.  Some was in the basement some the neighbor took some got burnt.  Either way. The breaker to our lights in the living room get popped for no reason all the time.  The fan and space heater turn themselves off and on.  And... I dont know if it was one of the uncles kids but someone drew underneath the island in the kitchen, a picture of someone hanging in crayon.  My kids are WAY to young and so was the couple who lived there before us.  As much as I DONT WANT to believe, I have no other way of explaining all the crap that goes on in our house. =(

*I forgot to say that the uncle that we rent from is the one who got him down and tried to bring him back*

Quoting NBean311:

My house is haunted, I swear. I was creeped out at first, but I've made peace with it.
I realize this makes me sound crazy, but what can I say, I believe!

NBean311
by Chivette on Jan. 3, 2013 at 4:09 AM
Quoting horseap:

Woah... That is super intense! I'm sorry that you deal with all of that. It can be scary. My SO thought I was nuts at first because when we moved in I could always hear a man's voice, and I was always looking around for the man that must be in or just outside our house. It seems like a fairly peaceful spirit though, and I think I know who it is, and that gives me some peace. :)
horseap
by Gold Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 4:14 AM

Quoting NBean311:

Quoting horseap:

Woah... That is super intense! I'm sorry that you deal with all of that. It can be scary. My SO thought I was nuts at first because when we moved in I could always hear a man's voice, and I was always looking around for the man that must be in or just outside our house. It seems like a fairly peaceful spirit though, and I think I know who it is, and that gives me some peace. :)

Thats why the one at our house doesnt bother me, I think its just so much keeping him stuck that he gets annoyed so he annoys us.  Its his uncles house with the tree he died in and his cousin lives there (who he was close with =(  )   There have only been a few things that have worried me.  Our DD was coming down stairs with bruised lumps that look like she had been pinched and at the time was having SERIOUS bed wetting problems.  Both passed. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)