Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

is this ring tacky?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

we are moving and on a strict budget at the time being, its sterling silver, but real diamond. about 100 bucks... is it too tacky tho? or is it pretty? ts on amazon lol

edit:

he said we can upgrade the ring once we have more money, so i really dont need anything too fancy, i am personally in LOVE with this one:

that one is white gold and diamond. 250. i LOVE it, but i'm not sure if 250 is pushing it with our budget :-/ because we want to be engaged by the end of this month...  and yes i want a ring before he proposes lol

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 3, 2013 at 2:36 AM
Replies (31-40):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 3, 2013 at 3:01 AM

its not really fake, its  real diamonds but just tiny diamonds lol

Quoting :

TAG_ur_it
by Platinum Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 3:02 AM

not necessarily.  my wedding set cost less than $40 and looks real to the untrained eye.  no one ever belives how little i paid for it. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Given that it's $100, it won't look real. But if that doesn't bother you, then I say go for it.

TAG_ur_it
by Platinum Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 3:02 AM

not my style, but i don't think it's tacky. 

Pattiann236
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 3:03 AM

I think it is lovely and I love it.    Pattiann

mommyofTC
by Silver Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 3:03 AM
I like them both! Look on Ebay!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
banana-bear
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 3:04 AM
I like the first one!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 3, 2013 at 3:05 AM

I think what you will find is that the things on the side, aren't "diamond" but molded silver...I could be wrong but that is what it looks like to me!! Have you thought about maybe doing a different stone? like aquamarine, or your birthstone? They have awesome gemstone rings that are pretty cheap!! My egnagement ring was expensive, but my center stone isn't a clear diamond!

lalaboosh
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 3:07 AM

They're pretty, but I wouldn't ever get a diamond set in silver. Silver is a very soft metal, my engagement ring is silver and moonstone. I've only had it for barely a year and it's very dinged up and bent in places. I'd say save your money and get a more plain yet sturdy ring until you can upgrade. I found a plain tungsten carbide band online for $40. It's a dense metal, like platinum. It looks like hematite!

Bitchess
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 3:10 AM
1 mom liked this

If you like it then that is all that matters. They aren't my style personally.

boo   Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jan. 3, 2013 at 3:12 AM
Very pretty ring but for 100$ the diamonds has to be cluster I recommend goin to somewhere like zales because they sometimes have great sales since it's about to be valentines day n the good thing about it u can get the diamond package which protect your ring just in case something happen n when ever u want to upgrade u just trade your ring in and they give u the value of what u payed on a bigger ring!!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)