Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

is this ring tacky?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

we are moving and on a strict budget at the time being, its sterling silver, but real diamond. about 100 bucks... is it too tacky tho? or is it pretty? ts on amazon lol

edit:

he said we can upgrade the ring once we have more money, so i really dont need anything too fancy, i am personally in LOVE with this one:

that one is white gold and diamond. 250. i LOVE it, but i'm not sure if 250 is pushing it with our budget :-/ because we want to be engaged by the end of this month...  and yes i want a ring before he proposes lol

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 3, 2013 at 2:36 AM
Replies (41-50):
pampire
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 3:15 AM
1 mom liked this

I prefer this one, but that's just because I like hearts more than circles and I like the plainer band.  Don't be surprised if you decide you don't want to "upgrade".  It's not about the ring, it's about the love it symbolizes.  The first ring SO gave me is literally from the dollar store and I still wear it around the house and love it.  

Quoting Anonymous:

he said we can upgrade it when we have the money, so its just for now. i personally would prefer the stone in the middle be one diamond thats bigger, instead of little ones trying to make it look bigger lol  but when you dont have the money to spend then i dont think its bad... there is an even better ring i love a lot thats 250 but idk if that might be too much for us let me post a pic..

this one is white gold with diamond.

Quoting pampire:

It doesn't matter one lick what anyone else thinks.  Do you like it?  Will YOU be happy looking at it for the rest of your life?  I think spending $100 on a ring is very sensible and I like the ring quite a bit.

TTC2Long
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 3:18 AM
Honestly, I like the first one better than the second one. The second one is tacky, imo. But I'm not the one wearing it! :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Jan. 3, 2013 at 3:23 AM

I think the heart one is tacky. The top one isn't as bad.

TAG_ur_it
by Platinum Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 3:26 AM

i like the second much more than the first.

vboatner
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 3:27 AM

They are both tack to me, but I am not a big jewelry fan though. I have a simple band and an engagement ring with a little diamond in it. I never used to even wear the engagement ring because I though that the bad was good enough, but DH got upset, so I wear it most of the time now.

emptyreliquary
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 3:28 AM

I like both of them. And no worries that its sterling silver, because that metal is often more flattering with diamonds then gold, it just doesn't get the gold status but who cares. Beautiful rings. :)

autumns_mom22
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 5:07 AM
It's only tacky if you think it's tacky.
tyner_brylee
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 5:24 AM
I would wear it. I like both
hreynol25
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 5:37 AM
First one is nice. Second one looks more like a promise ring
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Jan. 3, 2013 at 5:40 AM
As long as you like it..but it does look pretty
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN