Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

For better or for worse in good times and in bad??

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 14 Replies

what if it is just in bad times and in worse times??  I truly do not remember the last time I was happy in my relationship with my husband or thought that my life is better with him in it than how much better it would be without him in it!  My MIL said the first 5 years of marriage are the hardest and they truly were but these last 2 have not been any easier!  Should 10 years be my next goal to make or just making myself happy by kicking him to the curb? 

I am a child of divorce and know how hard that can be growing up without a father or every other weekend father and dont want that for my girls.  I just dont think them seeing us fight isnt much of a happy life either  :*(  I truly dont know what to do...

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 3, 2013 at 3:03 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
BelleVernonGirl
by Gold Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 3:05 AM

I'm single so no advice...I know you shouldn't spend your life miserable...your kids will feel it if you do and they will be unhappy to...

Jamie1972
by Ruby Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 3:06 AM
1 mom liked this

How long have you been married? Marriage has its ups and downs. There is going to be a time when you will have to do things just to make you happy. Be it volunteering or going to school or just taking a vaction by yourself. Try theapy. Try dating your husband. Try doing things as a couple.

Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Jan. 3, 2013 at 3:07 AM

Have you tried counseling???

melakay1981
by Platinum Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 3:08 AM

I have been with my husband for 15 years (11 years married) and I will say we have had our share of rocky times, it is not all peaches and cream.  I am one to say stick it out (as long as there is no cheating or abuse going on).  If you are truly miserable and have checked out of the marriage already then do not make it a long goodbye.

melakay1981
by Platinum Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 3:09 AM

And this

Quoting Sassy762:

yo_ho
by Silver Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 3:12 AM

I don't know. 

We have survived 12 yrs together. Survived a lay off, starting a new business out of our home, skin cancer, spinal tumor, infertility and adoption. To me those are the bad times.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 3, 2013 at 3:12 AM

I completely understand, but really can not give you any advice, well because your right not having a father around is very hard on kids, but fighting is too.....like you I also do not know what to do.  I stayed in my 1st marriage until my kids were almost 18, they tell me everyday they wish I would have left earlier, but they did not like their father.  Even as adults they do not have a relationship with him.

Somehow I managed to get into a similar situation (again) but our DS loves both of us so very much that I have to say it is worth the sacrifices that I make to give him the life he deserves - wishing you luck girl 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 3, 2013 at 3:14 AM

Quoting Sassy762:

yes and both thought therapists thought we should divorce.  LOL

gravercem
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 3:16 AM

Any marriage takes alot of work to keep it strong.  Have you sat down with your DH?  marriage counseling might really help. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 3, 2013 at 3:16 AM
I don't have any advice. I am thinking that I may have had enough of the for worse. I have been unhappy for 6 of the 8 years that we have been married. I am trying but I don't know how much more I can handle.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)