Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Does anyone have an interesting fact

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 22 Replies
About the name of your child(ren)?

I do. When I was younger my cousin did an angel card reading on me and one of the cards had the name 'Bethany' on it. I DO NOT remember this conversation and she just recently reminded me of it (after my youngest was born). However, I told her that if I ever had a daughter I was going to name her Bethany. My youngests name is Bethany.
Like I said, I DO NOT remember having that conversation with her. At all.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 3, 2013 at 4:27 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 3, 2013 at 4:33 AM
4 moms liked this
yes, its long to write but the cliffnotes, i was pressured to have an abortion by a lot of people, including drs, because of my sons conception. i was reading the bible, and i read were Stephen prayed to God just before he was stoned, Forgive them father for they dont know what they are doing" and it struck me that all those pressuring me didnt know, so i named him stephen. i knew as soon as i was told i was pregnant that he was a boy.
rebeccarae
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 4:38 AM

Zachariah is from his father, who's middle name is Zachary, and Elias is a biblical name I really liked. 

vboatner
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 4:41 AM
3 moms liked this

I misspelled my youngest sons second middle name because my DH is a ninny and let me fill out the paper work after I had my tubal. I was still flying high from the pain meds :/ Instead of an Ernest, I have an Earnest.

Aleta775
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 4:45 AM

My dd's name is Dahlia. The dahlia flower was named after a famous Swedish botanist, Anders Dahl. 

Jamie1972
by Ruby Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 4:50 AM

Oldest ds was to be named Benjamin Caleb. Dh didn't like it mainly cuz he thought ppl would call him Benjy. So he took the book one night to work and came home next morning with what he thought was the perfect name. Cant make fun of it or anything. Brigham Taylor. In my just woken up state of mind I started making fun of it. But I cam across the name Christopher in our baby name book and i liked it. And after he was born found out it means Christ bearer.

Mrs.Winchester
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 5:08 AM

My DD's name is Emmaline.  I was going to go with Elliott- had a banner made and everything-  and then I decided it was too out there and wanted a spin-off of a classic name (Emily).  I truly thought I came up with it and then found out Emmaline has many spellings and is very popular-  but the coolest thing to find out was it's an old family name that has been used in my family many times,  most recently by my great grandmother.  Sometimes I imagine a higher power led me to pick her name (most of my family is deceased, which is why I know so little of my family tree).

autumns_mom22
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 5:12 AM
My oldest dd's middle name is a family name. My great grandma, my grandma, my mom and me have the same middle name. First born daughter. I'm not sure if it goes past my great grandma.

My youngest's name is from a cartoon my oldest watched. I fell in love with it before even thinking of having a second. It's not till recently that I actually confessed that's where the name came from. My husband didn't even know.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
ninjakids
by Christina on Jan. 3, 2013 at 5:13 AM
Mine arent too interestong but ds 1 is named after a famous magican (so is a magican lol) Cyril. (Psy...not Ser).
Ds2 was named after my favorite musican Cash (Johnny Cash).

However by a fluke mine & both ds's first & last names are the same inital ( C.M ) & my bday is 01st..sos 21st..ds1 31st & ds 2 21st ( all end in 1)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
shideem
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 5:13 AM
My dd is named Lilith. Dh picked it out. We call her lily. Lilith is thought to be many things in legend, from the firsrt vampire, to some evil succubus. Basically I just thought it was pretty.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 3, 2013 at 5:49 AM
Named my son Bradley after Bradley Nowell from Sublime BUT the funny part is my husbands best friend from high school's name is Bradley. And he's in jail now for all kinds of foolishness but whenever he talks to someone on the outside he always says something about how my son being named after him touches his heart...

Pshhhh whatever crazy
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN