Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Pot legal? Is that such a good idea for the public?

Posted by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 5:12 AM
  • 34 Replies

First of all I want to say this loud and clear. If you wan to smoke pot and it is legal then more power to you. Whatever floats you boat. But I started thinking about this. If pot became legal and they can smoke it anywhere you can smoke a cigarette would the be a good idea for the public? I mean think about it. The bartenders that work at a bar are going to be around these people smoking pot for 8 hours a day getting second hand pot smoke and then at the end of their shift they have to drive home under the influence! Thats not even mentioning the cooks at the bar or a restaurant who could add rat poison to your food because they are so under the influence that they dont know what they are doing. Also that isnt even mentioning them smoking pot at the park around the children playing. Now I dont care if you smoke whatever floats your boat but when it affects my family or public safety that is when I care.

by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 5:12 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
StrawberryCool
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 5:14 AM
Bad.

Because you get contact high.

You wanna smoke?

Go to jamaicia. (Sp)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 3, 2013 at 5:16 AM
3 moms liked this
Most places don't even allow smoking in public. Can't smoke in any bars here, or restaurants so it should be the same for pot right? Idk just thinking.....
winkyloafer
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 5:18 AM
5 moms liked this

Quoting Anonymous:

Oh, and people are already smoking pot at parks around children.  And that whole thing about cooks being so high from a contact high that they will put rat poison in your food is absolutely ludacris.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Countrygerl
by Bronze Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 5:19 AM

I am only going on from what I know about the bars around here which has smoke constantly coming out of their doors and windows.

Quoting Anonymous:

Most places don't even allow smoking in public. Can't smoke in any bars here, or restaurants so it should be the same for pot right? Idk just thinking.....

Countrygerl
by Bronze Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 5:20 AM

Actually it isnt. I heard about one women who accidently put her baby in the microwave or oven because she was so high.

Quoting Anonymous:

Oh, and people are already smoking pot at parks around children.  And that whole thing about cooks being so high from a contact high that they will put rat poison in your food is absolutely ludacris.

winkyloafer
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 5:22 AM
1 mom liked this
That's Ludacris.

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm not sure what you're trying to say here.  that is an awfully big photo.

Quoting winkyloafer:

Quoting Anonymous:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gemikris82
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 5:24 AM

it wouldnt be any different than it is now.  people smoke pot all the time, although its not legal.  

Sparkey6987
by Silver Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 5:24 AM
1 mom liked this
First of all, you clearly don't smoke. Second, you sound extremely ignorant. Rat poison?? Really?! There are people who drink anywhere you can smoke a cigarette, and there are also plenty of people who smoke pot in the same places, legal or not...putting rat poison in someone's food had nothing to do with using substances. It has to do with being a sociopath.

ETA: The people who would use pot in the way you described, as a vast majority, would be habitual smokers...so they're not getting all fucked up. Not to mention, unless it's laced with a hallucinogenic, you're still in control of your thoughts/actions. And for what it's worth...I'm not a smoker.

Have a nice day.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
IandLoveandYou
by Penny Lane on Jan. 3, 2013 at 5:25 AM
2 moms liked this

A- I'd bet that at least half of the people who are cooking your food are already high (on marijuana)

B- How accessible is rat poison to cooks/chefs?

C-

IandLoveandYou
by Penny Lane on Jan. 3, 2013 at 5:30 AM

They aren't going to treat marijuana like cigarettes, they're going to treat it like alcohol. 

Really..it's common sense.

Quoting Countrygerl:

I am only going on from what I know about the bars around here which has smoke constantly coming out of their doors and windows.

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)