Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

spinoff are you against mixed relationships

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
So aparently some people belive the majority of people are against mixed relationships and that anyone with a mixed child should just accept their kid geting called racial slurs because it was tbeir fault for having a mixed child. I dont think that is true and a very screwed up perspective. What are your thoughts? Racial mixing not ethnic.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 3, 2013 at 7:27 AM
Replies (11-20):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 3, 2013 at 7:38 AM
Racial mixing not ethinic. Chinese and japanese are both asains.

Quoting CreziaMommyTo2:

i am in a mixed marriage, but i am not black or white and he is not black. i have never dated a man of my own kind, i have only dated white men, and by white men, italian or jews.

i do not find black men at all attractive, but to each their own, i have a white friend who married a black man, and black friend who had a child with a white man.

racial slurs is really what the parent believes to be one.  my friends know their kids are "oreos" i know my kids are "muts"

a mixed relationship, is also one who is 1/2 greek & 1/2 italian.

another form of mixed relationship is 1/2 chinese & 1/2 japanese 

i do not think i have met any "pure breds"

but if you are speaking of "oreos" then please be more specific

alc4evermom
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 7:40 AM
Ugh!!! My son is half Mexican and my mom told me to drop his first last name (he has both our last names) cause it sounds too ethnic. Wtf?!!!! Let's just say she never said that again. Slurs in general are unfortunately something we may deal with at one time or another but if it happens to my son I will teach him that those things are not true, and that people can be very ignorant. The majority of women I know have mixed kids. It's becoming the norm.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 3, 2013 at 7:41 AM

I don't care for them at all. I think people should stay within their own race. But, That isn't even going to happen so I just accept it. I don't dwell on it at all.

I know we are all mixed somewhere like grandparents are German, Italian, Swedish etc.

My dh's grandfather was Swedish, his son married a white lady making my dh part Swedish, part white.That part doesn't bother me it's the whites married to Blacks or Mexican/ Hispanic that bother me.But I don't go balistic over something either.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 3, 2013 at 7:42 AM
I don't think THAT many people are against it. I am in an IR marriage but have gotten very few comments in real life.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 3, 2013 at 7:43 AM
2 moms liked this
Yes...Lord lets not taint the pure white.race *eyeroll*

Quoting Anonymous:

I don't care for them at all. I think people should stay within their own race. But, That isn't even going to happen so I just accept it. I don't dwell on it at all.

I know we are all mixed somewhere like grandparents are German, Italian, Swedish etc.

My dh's grandfather was Swedish, his son married a white lady making my dh part Swedish, part white.That part doesn't bother me it's the whites married to Blacks or Mexican/ Hispanic that bother me.But I don't go balistic over something either.

Aslen
by Ruby Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 7:44 AM
2 moms liked this
Im not, but have been (vietnamese and colombian)
Never had issues. And whoever thinks its ok to call ANY child racial slurs deserves to be cuntpunched!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SpnFulOfSugar
by Emerald Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 7:44 AM
I'm pretty sure we are all mixes of something lol
T-HoneyLuv
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 7:44 AM
2 moms liked this
Um....Swedish IS White my dear.

Quoting Anonymous:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
IncognitoOne
by Ruby Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 7:44 AM
Not against it at all. And I think mixed kids are absolutely beautiful.

It just so happens that I fell in love with someone of my race, doesn't mean I wouldn't love him if everything was the same about him except his skin.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 3, 2013 at 7:46 AM

Quoting T-HoneyLuv:

Um....Swedish IS White my dear.

Quoting Anonymous:

Yes, I know that I was just saying we are all mixed somewhere with something Good God! My dh is not full Swedish is what I am saying.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)