Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

spinoff are you against mixed relationships

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
So aparently some people belive the majority of people are against mixed relationships and that anyone with a mixed child should just accept their kid geting called racial slurs because it was tbeir fault for having a mixed child. I dont think that is true and a very screwed up perspective. What are your thoughts? Racial mixing not ethnic.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 3, 2013 at 7:27 AM
Replies (21-30):
your_angel
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 7:47 AM
I'm in one and have a bi racial DD and another on the way!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jan. 3, 2013 at 7:47 AM
You act like that's a bunch of different colors. They're 25 percent Philippines the rest is just white lol. Lol

Quoting armyslpbaby:

Of course not. My dad is Swedish and my mom is Filipino. My husband is German. lol. My kids are hybrids, but in the end they are just American like everyone else. I have never been called a racial slur despite being Eurasian, and I doubt my kids will too. America is so diverse! 

T-HoneyLuv
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 7:49 AM
1 mom liked this
You said his son married a " white " lady. I was simply pointing out the mistake because Swedish is White too. Relax.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting T-HoneyLuv:

Um....Swedish IS White my dear.

Quoting Anonymous:

I don't care for them at all. I think people should stay within their own race. But, That isn't even going to happen so I just accept it. I don't dwell on it at all.

I know we are all mixed somewhere like grandparents are German, Italian, Swedish etc.

My dh's grandfather was Swedish, his son married a white lady making my dh part Swedish, part white.That part doesn't bother me it's the whites married to Blacks or Mexican/ Hispanic that bother me.But I don't go balistic over something either.

Yes, I know that I was just saying we are all mixed somewhere with something Good God! My dh is not full Swedish is what I am saying.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Jan. 3, 2013 at 7:50 AM

Wait whats the difference between racial and ethnic mixing? Confused....And no, Why would I be?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Jan. 3, 2013 at 7:51 AM
Nope I love my lil white boy even if ppl think he isnt mine lol
JakesMom712
by Ruby Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 7:53 AM
I am not against them, but I live in the real world. I know my kid will get called names because of what he is, who his parents are. We live in a racist society, point blank.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Jan. 3, 2013 at 7:54 AM
My sister married a Cape Verdean man and I watch their children.... I call them my dark meat babies :-)
smac28
by Bronze Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 7:56 AM

I think that you love who you love and it shouldn't matter. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on Jan. 3, 2013 at 7:57 AM
I personaly prefer to stay with my race df or me. But other I could careless. If as ds gets older and chooses someone of anther race they will be welcome in our home.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 3, 2013 at 7:58 AM
Race is based of physicsl traits. Races are like white, latino, black, asain, native american, and indian. (i am sure there are others) ethnicity is the break down of those like irish, german, affri an, Jamaican, mexican, spanish, Japanese, and chinese.

Quoting Anonymous:

Wait whats the difference between racial and ethnic mixing? Confused....And no, Why would I be?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)