Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

spinoff are you against mixed relationships

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
So aparently some people belive the majority of people are against mixed relationships and that anyone with a mixed child should just accept their kid geting called racial slurs because it was tbeir fault for having a mixed child. I dont think that is true and a very screwed up perspective. What are your thoughts? Racial mixing not ethnic.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 3, 2013 at 7:27 AM
Replies (61-67):
HotMomma2622
by Gold Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 4:36 AM
I don't nor will I date my own race. I have two beautiful half black half white children two boys I would not trade them for anything. These are not slavery days, people need to get their mindset straight.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
CutieCrab
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 4:40 AM

IDGAF who people decide to be with. None of my business. Like I hope, no one cares who I am with. :)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 16 on Feb. 19, 2013 at 4:41 AM

I personally dont give a damn. As long as they are human and of legal age dont care what you do with your life and who you spend it with. Hell people start looking similar to each other as they age anyway no matter what race:) I'm mixed with white(german) and puerto rican. My husband is black and our kids are multiracial. The funny thing is husband and I have been together for so long that i dont even see him as black . So when people say oh I didnt know you were married to a black man IM like oh yea yep I am ...I honestly dont see color in him or in anyone anymore i  just see people.

amberstars
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 4:43 AM

Eagle and are different cultures and races.  Racism is haraam (forbidden) in Islam.  I used to be racist but Allah (SWT) opened my eyes when I became Muslim. Though I admit I do not like ghetto blacks who speak Ebonics all the time and can't bother to speak English.  Ebonics is Black English.  My family disapproves of races mixing and that is partly why they hate Eagle and treat him like a dog.

Dragon, wife to Eagle.  Sister-wife to Swan and Rainbow.  Author, astronomer, world traveler, gamer, & reader.  Muslim revert.  In an inter-racial and cross-cultural marriage.

Janinja
by Bronze Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 4:43 AM
Why is it such a big deal what color people are anyways?
Bella_Madre
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 5:01 AM
I always find it a bit odd and maybe even a little sad and scary that racist people still speak in such a way that they assume the world agrees with them. Sad. I encounter these types evey once in a while and it's staggering, the ignorance and the audacity of it.

In regards to your to your question. My thoughts are that racial mixing is just fine! lol. In fact, from a scientific perspective it's really great! Genetic diversity makes us a stronger species. Otherwise it's a personal choice. And personally-as cheesy and romantic as it may sound- I don't think love can be contained by skin color. I think we fall in love with who we fall in love with. Then we choose to deal or not to deal with an antiquated society that will always in one way or another, force it's judgments down our throats. I.e. We try to make it work and stand up for ourselves/relationships/families or we conform because it's comfy.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
5babies757
by Gold Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 5:21 AM
As a 28 year old mixed person I have never felt discriminated by it
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN