Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

220lbs! I have a question!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
I am embarrassed to admit that in the last 2 months I have gained 20 pounds. My knees are in absolute agony I now weigh 220 pounds the most I have ever weighed and it's really taking a toll on my body especially my knees. Every time I stand up my knees are screaming in pain, I fully intend to lose this weight and have already started my lifestyle change.

My question is did I do any permanent damage to my knees? Are they just in pain from the weight will it go away once the weight is off? Do I need to see my dr?

Thanks in advance!
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 3, 2013 at 9:23 AM
Replies (21-25):
UgtaBkdnMe
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 9:39 AM

yep, check it out it's amazing how this guys changes hi life.

Quoting Anonymous:

Is it on Netflix?

Quoting UgtaBkdnMe:

Watch the documentry Fat, Sick, and Nearly dead. It's an eye opener.

alc4evermom
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 9:43 AM
I have been at your weight and at 130 not sure what to tell you cause i have permanent damage all over from RA. However I do not take meds and I do strength training which helps with muscle. Stretching is also important. It's never too late to start the program. Good luck!

Quoting Anonymous:

I am embarrassed to admit that in the last 2 months I have gained 20 pounds. My knees are in absolute agony I now weigh 220 pounds the most I have ever weighed and it's really taking a toll on my body especially my knees. Every time I stand up my knees are screaming in pain, I fully intend to lose this weight and have already started my lifestyle change.

My question is did I do any permanent damage to my knees? Are they just in pain from the weight will it go away once the weight is off? Do I need to see my dr?

Thanks in advance!

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
alc4evermom
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 9:45 AM
1 mom liked this
Diet pills are a mild form of drug abuse. Lose the weight slowly and naturally and it will stay off.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Ali5683
by Ruby Member on Jan. 4, 2013 at 10:54 AM

It could be related to a completely different issue other than weight. I am 29 and have degenerative joint disease in both knees. I don't know why either. The only reason I can come up with is that I was on dance company and drill team in high school. I suggest at least meeting with an orthopedic doctor to check it out. Losing weight, taking glucosamine and staying away from fatty/sugary foods will help A LOT! It's sure made a difference in my life. I did have surgery on both knees as well. That also made a huge difference. Stay active. The more you move, the better you'll feel.

Good luck! :)

MonkeyMommyNJ
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 10:57 AM

once you lose the weight your knees will feel better.. i dont think at 220 you have done any perm. damage.. just alot of stress on the jionts (im 190 was 215 my highest.. and yes my knees ankles and hips hurt alot).. honestly if your knees are really hurting you should avoid running or jogging.. use an elliptical instead.. swimming is also very easy on the joints.. feel better and good luck on your weight loss endeavors

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN