Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

SO SICK OF THE COMPLIANTS ABOUT HEALTH PROFESSIONALS!! ( sorry Rant!)

Posted by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 10:19 AM
  • 66 Replies
8 moms liked this

Was just reading a post about the medical opinions of circumcision beign changed and of course someon eis on their spouting off about how the opinions are relfective of money beign donated by procircumcision groups etc etc etc. Some one else spouted off about how this opinion will change in a few years again and how its like medicines that come out then are yanked later because of teh harmful effects.

I am in the medical profession... this burns my goat.

As for the person who says, yeah they will change their mnd in a few years just like they do on medicines that then cause other health issues, yep this is possible. But the reason the medical community seeks new treatements and opinions is because society is seeking answers. Medicine is NOT a perfect science, hence the reason every thing approved by the FDA comes with warnings.

Everyone wants to bash the medical communtiy when there are headlines about harmful effects of a drug or a procedure gone bad, but forgets about how we SAVED your families lives over and over. Or how we work holidays and weekends when your loved ones need care. Society forgets we spend thousands of dollars and COUNTLESS years of our lives to serve you!

People are quick to throw medical professionals and the FDA under the bus everytime something goes wrong... but where are these people when things go right? When an infant born too early finally gets to leave the hospital, and the NURSES who heloed him and his family through this rough time have to tell the sweet little one good bye, We bond with that child too, remember we leave our children to take care of yours.

Or when you have given up on your schizophrenic mom because she has jusy done "too much" and we leave our families to help her shower and make sure she is safe and eats while in inpatient care. We work hand in hand with social workers and every agency imaginable to make sure she will be safe in the outside world... only to wonder when we will see her again, or if she will be okay.

Or when your grandpa is dying on our unit of the hospital. And we sit back trying to feel anything but helpless, making sure his last moments are peaceful in a pain ridden body.

Medicine is science.. we learn through experience. We all wish this wasnt the case, but the human body is a complex machine that is in individualized and adapting. Do we have all the answers? Hell no. Do we make mistakes? Hell yes. But rememeber we TOO have to trust medical science with our families and personal health, we strive to ve the best we can be and do the best we can. Stop bashing the medical community.

by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 10:19 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
behindthebs
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 10:20 AM

Sorry just seen all my grammatical mistakes.. guess thats what I get for typing without my glasses on!:)

catrig
by Platinum Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 10:21 AM
1 mom liked this
Please stop taking things so personally.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sidneyb
by Silver Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 10:22 AM
1 mom liked this
I agree and im not a medical profesional sp.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
A.B.C.brown07
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 10:23 AM
I'm not in the human field, but I somewhat agree. People clueless about medicine are the first ones to bash those who dedicated years of their lives to save others. It's disheartening, to say the least.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 3, 2013 at 10:23 AM
2 moms liked this
The AAP is the only medical organization worldwide that is now officially pro-circumcision. That speaks volumes.

Circumcision is a money maker by the way. It's an expensive procedure that's not covered by most insurances anymore and most parents will pay out of pocket to have it done because they think it "looks" better. Easy money.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 3, 2013 at 10:24 AM
How are you a medical professional? Are you a dr? A nurse? An office/billing manager? A receptionist?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 3, 2013 at 10:26 AM

You need to realize that medical care is a RIGHT,  and you should not only being doing all this, but you should be doing it FOR FREE! 

Don't ever expect a thank you from the idiots in this group.  They're pissed off that you're not on welfare and foodstamps and won't be happy until you are.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 3, 2013 at 10:28 AM
I love you. No one will ever understand until they have been there themselves.

They won't understand how we fight back tears after we worked for hours during a code to save someone.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jan. 3, 2013 at 10:28 AM
I am a medical professional and this does not bother me a bit. Some of it is true, it's the way life works.
3xangel
by *Angelicious* on Jan. 3, 2013 at 10:29 AM

Quoting sidneyb:

I agree and im not a medical profesional sp.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)