Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Does your child/ren have health issues, do you? Does your dh/so?

Posted by   + Show Post

We are a happy family and we have health issues

My son has cerebral palsy, developmental delays, gastrological issues, and behavioral issues (but doing great on that)  He is a young adult on a toddler/pre-school level-technically non-verbal and in a wheelchair

I have epilepsy and colitis and nerve damage (neuropathy)

My husband has undiagnosed-losing weight, he shakes, and dizzy, and severe muscle weakness

Going through tessting right now-he is

How about your family?

by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 10:31 AM
Replies (21-30):
ihave1
by Platinum Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 10:41 AM
1 mom liked this

sounds like you dh has what is sort of the opposite of diabetes, which is what my dh has.  I had GD so my poor kid is at a high risk of getting diabetes at a young age.  Other wise we are all good. 

meka26
by Gold Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 10:42 AM

We are all healthy thankfully.

mas2124
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 10:43 AM

Son is type 1 diabetic and hashimotos.

Husband has COPD.

Daughter and I are relatively healthy. I think she has allergies, but it's undiagnosed.

lifeisajoy
by Platinum Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 10:44 AM

What is danlose?

Quoting Wifeyy2Lette:

I have ehlers danlose, POTS, Chiari and ear problems.
Dh has asthma and possibly diabetic. (Juvenile diabetes runs in his family, he's honestly lucky he's gone this long without being diagnosed!)
Ds has ehlers danlose and nothing else so far.

Cassie2115
by Silver Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 10:44 AM

DD's are 2 and 3 and so far so good with them, other than a couple ear infections along the way.

I had eclamptic seizures with dd2 so I'm at a higher risk of having it happen again. I could stand to use about 30 lbs yet, but just don't have enough motivation yet. I want to start walking once it gets nicer out.

DH has a few back problems that were made worse by a car accident in August, but he is finishing up his chiropractic care within 2 weeks. 

All in all we do pretty well :)

idareyou
by Silver Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 10:44 AM

I have heart problems. We all have minor allergies (mainly seasonal). DD needs to see a pulmonoligist because our regular doc thinks she has asthma.

LucyHourglass
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 10:44 AM

has your hubby been tested for hyperthyroidism or graves disease?

my family is pretty healthy, my son has a tongue tie that keeps causing us issues but other than that i am very thankful for him to be of such good health.

i have panic disorder if that counts. and hubby has bipolar disorder and also fibrosis on his liver..

lifeisajoy
by Platinum Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 10:44 AM

What is dumping syndrome?

Quoting FooLynRoo:

I have health issues, that are managable, Hashimotos, Dumping Syndrome, arthritis in my back, high blood pressure. but no BETIS yet!

Hopefully if I can stop fucking around, 2013 is the year of weight loss for me.

Dh has pollups in his nose, he's currently undergoing some treatement to see what clears up , he probably needs nose surgery but otherwise healthy

Son - he has some allergies but otherwise a healthy kid

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 3, 2013 at 10:45 AM

My oldest son is autistic, has very low muscle tone along with something else wrong with his legs but his doctors haven't figured it out yet.

My middle child is perfectly healthy.

My youngest is just small for his age so his doctor keeps an eye on his weight and height.

My hubby doesn't have any health problem.

I have hypoglycemia.

lifeisajoy
by Platinum Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 10:46 AM

just check thyroid and is graves disease -do you do a specific blood test?  What is the testing for graves disease?

Quoting LucyHourglass:

has your hubby been tested for hyperthyroidism or graves disease?

my family is pretty healthy, my son has a tongue tie that keeps causing us issues but other than that i am very thankful for him to be of such good health.

i have panic disorder if that counts. and hubby has bipolar disorder and also fibrosis on his liver..

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)