Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I have never given my 3 month old a bath!

Posted by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 11:39 AM
  • 17 Replies

When our son was first born we decide that since I was ebf him his father would bond during bath/lotion time so they could still have skin to skin etc. He just turned 3 months on the first and daddy is still the only one who bathes him! I love that they have a special bonding time, and at this point I think I'd be terrified if I had to do it! 

Any one else s/o have a special thing that only they do with your LO?

by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 11:39 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mrsbrand
by Platinum Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 11:40 AM
1 mom liked this
That's what we did with dd as well. She is a daddy's girl and he has taken over the night time routine.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
WhitleyLyles
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 11:40 AM
interesting.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LucyHarper
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 11:40 AM

No, my husband and I share all responsibilities. I breastfeed, but also pump so he can still feed them. 

Paparazzi5bling
by Bronze Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 11:40 AM

no. my husband was always great about doing whatever needed to be done, getting up at night, bathing, changing diapers, etc... but there was never anything that only he did with them.

spooky415
by Ruby Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 11:41 AM
nah, we pretty much do everything.

but when my son was first born my dh did almost everything with him because i had ppd and just stayed in bed all day.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LizzieAnnesMom
by ☆Mrs.Winchester☆ on Jan. 3, 2013 at 11:41 AM

Since I was put on bedrest with my second, DH has given DD a bath. I tried to give her a bath after I healed but aparently I dont do it right. I am not a good enough bath giver so now my DH has to do it.

mamalusbear
by Gold Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 11:42 AM

My hubby gives DS his bath too.  I used to do it when DS was a newborn, but hubby has been doing it ever since he was 3 mos old.

butterflyk1ssez
by Silver Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 11:42 AM
1 mom liked this

No. I gave our son baths because DH was scared of giving him baths, which I totally understand. But, we did baths in a tub in the kitchen on the counter top so I could be right there and not dipped all the way over in a tub. We breastfed for two years so his bonding time with our son was when he needed to be soothed and he would also dress him.

Now, at 3 1/2 he does all bath time and pj time and watches him while he brushes his teeth. He has been doing this for the past year and that is "their time".

Pregnancy Ticker

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 3, 2013 at 11:42 AM
Nope we did everything together. I formula fed anyway so he was able to feed as well.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 3, 2013 at 11:42 AM
1 mom liked this
Daddy has always done the kids baths but i get them dressed he also does homework And bike rides i do everything else. We each have our special time with the kids
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)