Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Well, that was embarrassing.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 110 Replies

I know there's been a ton of troll posts lately and this is NOT one of them. I wish it were. 

DH and I live in a rental house managed by a company who also has apartments. We got a letter last week saying today they would be coming by to check smoke detectors, air filtration systems, etc. to prepare for winter. I honestly thought they were coming by tomorrow, since they usually do these kinds of things on Friday. The letter said "Thursday, January 4 2012". I wasn't sure which date and I forgot to call. We also have to sign a thing saying they can enter as long as we're given notice, which we were, because most of us in this neighborhood work (I have 2 more months left of maternity leave).

DD (6 years) was at school and DS (4 months) was taking a nap, and I decided to get a little freaky. I grabbed my rabbit and was going at it, all hot and heavy when I heard a noise. I was buck ass naked on the bed and the maintenance worker was standing in my doorway. He said, "Um..ma'am..I just need to check a few things..." and was red as a beet. I was so fucking embarrassed. I just started crying as soon as he walked out of the room. I got dressed and we quickly made it through his checklists.

I am humiliated, mortified and just embarrassed. He hurried that visit and I hope to god he doesn't say anything.  I called DH and told him and he almost died laughing. He was like, sorry you're embarrassed but that's fucking hilarious.

FML FML FML.

*EDITED*

Guys...even if he'd knocked, I was moaning like a bitch and I wouldn't have heard him. My dog was asleep under my bed and didn't even hear him come in over my moaning lol. I'm just glad DS' bedroom is far away and he has a noise machine.

ALSO--We cannot have a door chain or a deadbolt. Our house is brand new so they would know it was us and not previous tenants, and it's against our contract to install anything like that. I really don't about those who don't believe me, but we can't have one. It will damage the door, and we would have to pay for it.

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 3, 2013 at 11:55 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 3, 2013 at 11:58 AM

Oh god. That is even worse than when our babysitter saw my used tampon I thought  I threw in the trash can but landed next to it on the floor. OMG!

The guy should have knocked at the door and at least pretended he didn't see you.

2ltlmonkeyz
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 11:58 AM

lol , wow im sorry i dont mean to laugh , my dh said if he was a maintenence man and not married he would ask the lady if she needed help lol!

CanInTex
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 11:58 AM
Bahahahahaaaa I'm sorry, I'm with your dh though.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
marie2409
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 11:59 AM
If the letter said today, why would you chance it and assume it would be tomorrow? Anyway, that's too funny!! Just think you gave him a story to tell for the rest of his life !!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 3, 2013 at 11:59 AM
Your only way out would have been to ask him to join you.
Snapdragon88
by Ruby Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 12:01 PM
Omg, lol!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 3, 2013 at 12:01 PM

It said "Thursday, January 4 2012". I wasn't sure which date, and since they usually do these on Fridays, I figured that's when it was. I forgot to call. My own damn fault!  

Quoting marie2409:

If the letter said today, why would you chance it and assume it would be tomorrow? Anyway, that's too funny!! Just think you gave him a story to tell for the rest of his life !!

AshandJax
by Silver Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 12:01 PM
1 mom liked this

OMGOSH!

not funny for you, but hilarious to me!

so sorry for laughing...... Lol. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 3, 2013 at 12:01 PM

I'm with your husband..  You were told the visit was for today, you assumed it was tomorrow..  YDI!

babybelly25
by Silver Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 12:02 PM
Lol wow! I bet you made his day!!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN