Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Do you flush your tampons? **ETA**

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

If you use them of course. My aunt said i couldnt when i lived with her because she was on septic. Then i just read in the "embarassing" post about a stray tampon that landed on the floor after missing the trash. I didnt know people threw them in the garbage.  

The box says not to flush the applicator.

I have not had my toilet clog in 17 years of living on my own from flushing tampons. Not saying it doesnt happen, just hasnt happened to me.

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 3, 2013 at 12:17 PM
Replies (181-190):
1stpreggers
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 3:32 PM

yes and ive never had a clogged toilet

smurfy88
by Gold Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 3:32 PM

yes I do

sadiebug1228
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 3:33 PM

my sons grandmother told me she rented her downstairs apartment out that the guys girlfriend flushed one and it backed up and flooded the whole downstairs and im not talking a little water like when they opened the front door it poured out and there was toilet paper and poop and nastyness in it.....all from a tampon...and they didnt have a septic system. i do so i dont flush them, i roll them in toilet paper and put them in the trash

JDmommyJD
by ♥Awesome Sauce♥ on Jan. 3, 2013 at 3:33 PM
Always..never had an issue.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kellymarie323
My mom always said I couldn't flush them because of the septic. So I used to wrap them.

Now, I live in the city. I flush them. I.prefer flushing.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
LoveMyLos
Omg eww. Lolol

Quoting Anonymous:

Always and I use the biggest ones they make. Ultra. I couldn't imagine putting that thing in the trash. I would look like a murder crime scene in my trash.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TranquilMind
by Ruby Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 3:34 PM
1 mom liked this

Never, never, never, never flush ANYTHING down the toilet other than waste, and a bit of paper.

Landlord here.  Just don't do it.  You might have a huge nest of them in the yard, waiting to close down your main any day.

LoveMyLos
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 3:34 PM
1 mom liked this
I think grandma is full of shit..

Quoting sadiebug1228:

my sons grandmother told me she rented her downstairs apartment out that the guys girlfriend flushed one and it backed up and flooded the whole downstairs and im not talking a little water like when they opened the front door it poured out and there was toilet paper and poop and nastyness in it.....all from a tampon...and they didnt have a septic system. i do so i dont flush them, i roll them in toilet paper and put them in the trash

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
NBean311
by Chivette on Jan. 3, 2013 at 3:34 PM

Nope. Wrap up and throw away. Flushing is bad for the plumbing, and it isn't cheap to fix. 

Bauxite-17
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 3:34 PM

You can if you live where theres sewers I guess...but if you have a septic, its not a good idea, because it could get clogged, and they don't break down like toilet paper does.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)